As with any car manufacturer, your Ford’s standard warranty agreement is limited—most last 3 years, or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first). Make sure you know when your factory warranty expires, and what the stipulations of the agreement are.
If you are worried that the level of protection you’re getting from your manufacturer’s warranty isn’t enough—or want to extend your coverage once it expires—you can purchase an extended vehicle protection plan from either your local Ford dealer or a third-party provider like CARCHEX.
2016 Year Model Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranties
All 2016 Ford models—with the exception of the F-650/750, hybrid and electric vehicles—come with a New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Ford will cover the costs of any repairs or replacements under these warranty terms, including:
- Bumper-to-bumper coverage for 3 years or 36,000 miles
- Powertrain coverage for up to 5 years or 60,000 miles
- Coverage on the safety restraint system for 5 years or 60,000 miles
- Corrosion protection for 5 years with no restriction on mileage
- Power stroke diesel engine coverage for 5 years or 100,000 miles
Ford New Vehicle Extended Protection Offering
Before the factory warranty expires, car owners have the option of purchasing extended protection from Ford, in the form of a Ford Protect Extended Service Plan (ESP). Their ESP options include:
- Four tiers of coverage to choose from
- Coverage terms lasting up to 8 years or 150,000 miles
- Interest free financing options for up to 24 months
- Coverage on failure of parts due to defects in materials and workmanship, and normal wear and tear
- Rental vehicle benefits for up to 10 days at $30/day
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- Transferable coverage
- Dealer support across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico
Purchasing an extended vehicle protection plan will give you peace of mind, knowing that your vehicle’s covered when maintenance and unexpected repair costs come up.
CARCHEX Ford Extended Warranties
If you’re shopping around for a lower price than what Ford Protect offers—or your factory warranty has already expired—you can get extended coverage through a CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plan. Ensure that your Ford is covered if anything goes wrong.
Get a free quote online today or call us toll free at 866-261-3457.
Consumer Affairs: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/ford-cars-and-trucks.html