Here’s everything you need to know about Ford warranties for 2015 models—what’s covered by the original factory warranty, when it expires, and where to go when you need coverage beyond the standard warranty term.
Keep reading to learn more about CARCHEX extended warranties and how to find the best one for your 2015 Ford.
What Is Covered by a 2015 Ford Factory Warranty?
All 2015 Ford models—with the exception of the F-650, F-750, and any hybrid or electric vehicles—come with a standard warranty plan. Ford will cover the cost of any repairs or replacements under the terms of the warranty, which includes:
- Bumper-to-bumper coverage for three years or 36,000 miles
- A powertrain warranty good for five years or 60,000 miles
- Coverage for the safety restraint system for five years or 60,000 miles
- Corrosion protection for five years at unlimited mileage
- Five years or 100,000 miles of coverage for powerstroke diesel engines
- Roadside assistance for five years or 60,000 miles
What You Don’t Get with a Ford Factory Warranty
Always read the fine print to know where the gaps in your coverage lie. Ford’s 2015 warranty offering comes with some stipulations that can void the coverage if not met. Ford will not award warranty protection for vehicles that:
- Have been determined to have not been properly operated and maintained from the time of purchase until the time of the claim
- Were not taken to a Ford dealership for the necessary repairs or replacements
- Experienced damage during an accident, collision, objects striking the vehicle, fire, or explosion
- Were damaged as a result of theft or vandalism
- Were damaged as a result of the use of improper fuel or fluids
- Were driven through water deep enough to infiltrate the engine
- Were altered or modified in particular ways
- Were damaged as a result of weather or natural disasters
It’s not surprising that many Ford drivers don’t understand that the factory warranty contains some serious loopholes that could leave them without coverage when hit with the cost of a large repair.
Common Ford Car, Truck, and SUV Problems
So what kind of problems and repair costs can you expect with your 2015 model? Consumer review sites and auto industry resources like Edmunds, RepairPal, and ConsumerAffairs are a great place to start.
Below are many problems Ford owners experience with their vehicles:
- Ford Focus drivers often report alternator problems, which can run as much as $1,700 to repair.
- Ford Explorer and F-Series truck owners report having to replace the head gasket, costing them upward of $3,200 for Explorers and $4,311 for the trucks.
- Ford Fusion drivers often need to replace their front wheel bearings, which can make a dent as deep as $802.
- Ford Fusion owners commonly report problems with catalytic converters, whose replacement cost can run as high as $1,460.
Is an Extended Ford Warranty Worth It?
All warranty protection for Ford’s 2015 models will expire by 2020. If you hope to keep your Ford beyond that (or wish to boost its resale value), you may want to consider an extended warranty.
After all, owners of a 2015 Ford can expect to pay an average of more than $9,000 in maintenance and repairs by 2025.
At CARCHEX, we allow consumers to compare affordable, high-quality Ford warranties from some of the leading providers in the industry.
- Our protection specialists will help you find the best warranty plan for your specific Ford based on its model, year, and mileage. We’ll do it all as part of our No-Haggle, Low Price, Everyday GuaranteeTM.
- We’ve been endorsed by major industry players, including Edmunds, RepairPal, Thoroughly Reviewed, CARFAX, and Pat Goss.
See how CARCHEX stacks up against our competitors:
What Does an Extended Warranty from CARCHEX Cover?
The chart below outlines the five levels of coverage available from CARCHEX. We offer a number of Vehicle Protection Plans within each level, including:
If you have a Ford Focus, consider getting Silver Plan coverage to cover those costly alternator repairs, or consider a Bronze Plan for your Ford Fusion wheel bearing replacements.
Regardless of which Ford model you own, these comprehensive plans can offer extensive coverage of your vehicle, saving you tons of money in the long run.
Read what one customer has to say about purchasing additional coverage from CARCHEX:
“I received a very detailed explanation of the process, coverage available and options. The warranty representative was very helpful in describing the meaning of terms and was quite helpful in answering all my questions. Allowed time for me to review and compare warranties. Not pushy!” — Claudia (St. Petersburg, FL)
What You Get with a CARCHEX Extended Warranty
When you choose CARCHEX for an extended warranty for your 2015 Ford, you can rest assured knowing you’ll get the best coverage and customer service available. Here are some other benefits of a CARCHEX extended warranty:
- CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plans are available at a low monthly cost.
- You can stay with your favorite repair shop—whether its Firestone, Pep Boys, or the garage down the street, we work with more than 30,000 repair facilities to ensure that you get to choose where you take your Ford.
- We pay your chosen repair shop directly so you don’t have to wait for reimbursement.
- Our extended warranties come with emergency roadside assistance as well as rental car, towing, and trip interruption benefits.
- CARCHEX offers a No-Haggle, Low Price, Everyday GuaranteeTM and a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you’re not satisfied, you can get a refund.*
- All CARCHEX warranties come with our brand promise of Customer Experience Above All. It’s the reason we’ve earned a 99.9% customer satisfaction rating for the last three years as measured by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Get Your 2015 Ford Extended Warranty Quote Today
Don’t wait until your original dealership warranty expires to get coverage of your vehicle. Get your free quote today by calling CARCHEX at 866-261-3457.
Link Motors: http://www.linkmotors.com/brochures/2015_Ford_Warranty_Guide.pdf
Your Mechanic: https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/the-most-and-least-expensive-cars-to-maintain-by-maddy-martin?PID=7105398&as=cj&mktg_channel=AFL_CJN&publisher=Skimlinks
Consumer Affairs: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/ford-cars-and-trucks.html
Goss’ Garage: http://www.goss-garage.com/
*Refund methods vary by state. See extended service plan for complete details, including refunds, exclusions and limitations.