Once the manufacturer's warranty expires on your Lexus, you could be hit with inconvenient and costly repair bills. To avoid expensive costs, make sure you're protecting your investment and the safety of your vehicle with a Lexus extended warranty.
Let the experts at CARCHEX help you find the best Lexus extended warranty for you and your vehicle needs.
What Does a Lexus Warranty Cover?
All Lexus cars are backed by a manufacturer's warranty that gives exclusionary coverage to drivers for a couple of years.
Here's what a basic Lexus factory warranty covers:
- 48-month / 50,000-mile basic warranty, which covers repairs and adjustments for defects in parts and workmanship supplied by Lexus (wheel alignment and balancing are only covered for 12 months, or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first)
- 72-month / 70,000-mile powertrain warranty, which covers major systems like the engine, transmission, and drive systems that are original to the vehicle
Why Do I Need a Lexus Extended Warranty?
Even though a Lexus is a relatively stable car, it is not unlikely that it will experience a variety of issues over time.
Some common Lexus issues include:
- Timing belt replacement—$432–$552
- Steering rack replacement—$757–$1,038
- Oil pan reseal—1,477–$1,929
Eventually, your basic factory warranty will expire, leaving you with expensive repair costs for these vehicle parts. With an extended warranty, your Lexus will be covered and you won't have to worry about pricey repairs.
What Is Covered by an Extended Warranty?
An extended warranty will provide coverage of your vehicle after your manufacturer's warranty expires. This is a smart investment because it ensures that your vehicle will be protected even though you are not covered by the manufacturer.
There are two types of extended warranties:
- Exclusion Warranty—Commonly referred to as a bumper-to-bumper warranty, an exclusion contract will list the items that are not covered. Typically, these items include oil changes, tires, batteries, and regular maintenance. If your contract does not mention a part, then it will be covered under the contract.
- Inclusion Warranty—These contracts come with a list of exclusions and a list of what is covered under the contract. If a part breaks and is mentioned in the contract, a claim for this repair will be paid.
Take a look at what is covered by an extended warranty:
How to Get the Best Lexus Extended Warranty
In order to keep your Lexus safe after the end of your factory warranty, invest in an extended warranty. If you want to know how to get the best plan at an affordable price, there are a few factors you should consider when looking for an extended warranty.
- Find a company that's highly reviewed. Do the right research to ensure customers are satisfied and that auto experts endorse the warranty provider. Edmunds.com, Thoroughly Reviewed, RepairPal, CARFAX, the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and Motor Week are strong places to start.
- Make sure you can choose your mechanic. Always read the fine print in an extended warranty—many third-party extended warranties, and nearly all factory warranties, require that you take your car to a specific repair shop. Failure to do so can mean that you're not covered, and in some cases, that you void your warranty.
- Make sure there's a guarantee. If the warranty provider is not willing to stand behind their product, then neither should you. Make sure the warranty company offers some sort of money-back guarantee in the event that you're not satisfied.
- Make sure you never have to pay out of pocket. The best warranty companies will pay claims directly to the repair facility so you never have to foot the bill and wait around for reimbursement.
CARCHEX Provides Various Coverage Options for Lexus Drivers
CARCHEX gives you the option to choose from five levels of extended coverage to cover your new, used, or certified pre-owned Lexus. The chart below outlines our coverage levels and the different protection plans categorized within them.
With these options, you have the ability to choose which vehicle protection plan is best for you. You could purchase a bronze plan, which offers basic care of your engine, transmission, and drive axle components, while the titanium plan could be a better fit since it covers most parts of your vehicle.
Here's what one customer has to say about the affordable Vehicle Protection Plans at CARCHEX:
"I have a very expensive vehicle and in case of a much needed repair, I didn’t want it to be out of my pocket. I searched all warranty companies and noticed that CARCHEX had a better plan and quality of what I needed for this particular truck. The sales rep was also great." — Stephanie (Douglasville, GA)
CARCHEX Warranty Benefits
CARCHEX is committed to providing the best customer service and coverage options on the market. With our Extended Vehicle Protection Plans, you're entitled to:
- Flexible Payment Options—We offer affordable and flexible low monthly payment options that fit your needs. The average monthly coverage cost of a CARCHEX Vehicle Protection Plan for a 2007–2014 Lexus is just $78.*
- Your Choice of Repair Shop—With more than 30,000 repair facilities to choose from, you'll be able to find a mechanic you trust.
- Extended Warranty Extras—Get free roadside assistance as well as rental car, towing, and trip interruption benefits.
- Hassle-Free Claims—We pay claims directly to the service provider so you never have to wait around for reimbursement.
- Exceptional Customer Service—We boast a 99.9% customer satisfaction rating and an A+ score from the Better Business Bureau.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee—CARCHEX is proud to stand behind our product. If you're not completely satisfied with your warranty, we'll issue a refund within 30 days.
Call CARCHEX for Your Free Quote Today
Keep your Lexus reliable for years to come. Call 866-261-3457 to speak to a warranty specialist about your coverage options and get a free Lexus extended warranty quote today.
Better Business Bureau: www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869
Thoroughly Reviewed: https://thoroughlyreviewed.com/car-warranty/extended-car-warranty-company-reviews/
Motor Week: http://www.motorweek.org/features/goss_garage/
*Figure accurate as of May 2017. Average monthly coverage cost is based on the average total price of the Vehicle Protection Plan over a four year coverage period. Actual monthly payments will vary per plan's payment policy. Individual pricing is subject to change based on the combination of make, model, year, and mileage as well as coverage level and term length.