AMAC members looking for auto insurance visit here.
We proudly offer the CARCHEX No-Haggle, Lowest Price Everyday Guarantee™ for all of our auto warranty and car inspection programs.
Consistent with consumers’ understandings and expectations of the market in which CARCHEX operates, CARCHEX uses the terms “warranty”; “extended warranty”, “extended auto warranty”, “extended service protection plan” and similar terms to describe the more technical term “vehicle service contracts”. For more information, see this FTC link or learn more here or by reviewing CARCHEX’s website.
CARCHEX markets and sells extended warranties on behalf of third party extended warranty providers, and your extended warranty will be between you and the provider. This website site is intended solely for the purpose of providing general information regarding the purchase of extended warranties. Specific contract terms, rates, taxes, fees and other charges are determined upon validation of vehicle information and acceptance by the extended warranty provider, for which CARCHEX is not responsible. Extended warranties may not be sold where prohibited by law.
CARCHEX 118 Shawan Road, Suite 210 Baltimore, MD 21030 (FL License # E155490)
“Warranty”, “Extended Warranty”, “Extended Auto Warranty”, “Extended Service Protection Plan”, “Vehicle Service Contracts” – WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
Generally, under definitions enacted in U.S. law in 1975 under the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, an auto “warranty” is a promise, often made by the manufacturer (for example, Ford®), to stand behind its vehicle and/or to fix certain defects or malfunctions in the vehicle over a period of time. The auto warranty pays for any covered repairs or part replacements during the warranty period, and it comes with all new cars and some used cars and is included in the purchase price. A “vehicle service contract”, which is often referred to by consumers and sellers as a “warranty”, “extended warranty”, “protection plan” or similarly, is a promise to perform (or pay for) certain specified repairs to your car. A vehicle service contract may be purchased at any time, requires a payment separate from the car itself and typically does not come from the manufacture.
Consistent with consumers’ understandings and expectations of the market in which CARCHEX operates, CARCHEX’s website uses the terms “warranty”, “extended warranty”, “extended auto warranty”, “extended service protection plan” and similar terms to describe “vehicle service contracts”. For more information, see this FTC link or learn more by reviewing CARCHEX’s website.
CARCHEX No-Haggle, Low Price, Everyday Guarantee™
At CARCHEX our brand promise is “Customer Experience Above All.
We believe that in order to achieve the best possible experience, every customer should get the lowest price everyday without having to haggle to get it. Our No-Haggle, Low Price, Everyday Guarantee is the backbone of that belief and it’s just another way that CARCHEX leads the industry in innovation, integrity and customer service.
2. Services Offered.
2.2. Not Recommendations. Any listing of Third Parties on the Site, and/or your ability to “click through” to another website from the Site, and/or the forwarding of any self-reported information that you provide to the Site to a Third Party, does not constitute a referral or recommendation by CARCHEX. You may choose to use or not to use the information contained on the Site and/or the products and/or services provided by the Site and/or any Third Party. CARCHEX does not recommend, advise, or prefer that you use any particular Third Party. Any Third Party that contacts you is solely responsible for its products and/or services to you, and you agree that CARCHEX shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use or purchase of any Third Party’s products and/services or any act or failure to act of any Third Party. Furthermore, CARCHEX does not guarantee that the terms or rates offered and/or made available to you by CARCHEX or any Third Party will be the best or lowest terms or rates available in the market.
2.4. Manner of Contacting You. By providing self-reported information on the Site, you agree that CARCHEX or a Third Party may contact you by telephone. You further agree that, prior to being contacted by CARCHEX or a Third Party, you may be contacted by telephone by a call center that may, among other things, verify your self-reported information and confirm your interest in speaking with CARCHEX or a Third Party. By providing your self-reported information on the Site: YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR EXPRESS CONSENT TO RECEIVE TELEPHONE CALLS FROM THE CALL CENTERS, CARCHEX AND THE THIRD PARTIES FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED HEREIN. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SELF-REPORTED INFORMATION IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO BEING CALLED BY A CALL CENTER, CARCHEX AND/OR BY ONE OR MORE THIRD PARTIES.
2.5. Site Not an Offer. Nothing in the Site constitutes an offer, promise or otherwise, either to make a specific service or product available to you or that any Third Party will make any service or product available to you. Please be aware that certain services or products may only be provided to residents of states where CARCHEX or a Third Party is licensed and/or authorized to make such services or product available. By acquiring your information through the Site, CARCHEX and the Third Parties are not attempting to sell services and/or products outside their authorized states or country.
4.1. Not Endorsements. A link from the Site to a non-CARCHEX website does not mean that CARCHEX endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, functioning or use of such website, and you enter any such website at your own risk. It is your responsibility to take precautions to ensure that whatever websites or other online materials that you select for use are free of viruses and other items of a destructive nature. CARCHEX expressly disclaims any liability related to such sites.
4.2. Unauthorized Links. CARCHEX prohibits unauthorized hypertext links to the Site or the framing of any content available through the Site. CARCHEX reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames.
5. Site Use Restrictions. The Site is for your personal use only. You will not (i) post on or transmit to the Site any false, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, or unlawful materials or any materials that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, whether under statute, common law or equitable principles, or otherwise violate any law; (ii) modify, distribute, transmit, perform, mirror, publish, create derivative works from, transfer, sell, lease, rent, sublicense, loan, share, give away or donate any information obtained from the Site; (iii) except as expressly permitted herein, copy, display or reproduce any information obtained from the Site; or (iv) use the Site in any manner that violates any applicable laws, regulations, orders or other restrictions.
7. Use Monitoring. CARCHEX is not obligated to monitor your or any other user’s use of the Site; such responsibility rests solely with you. CARCHEX reserves the right to monitor your use of the Site and to restrict or terminate your use of the Site or modify or remove any information found on the Site for any reason or no reason in CARCHEX’s sole judgment.
9. Password. In using the Site, you may be assigned a password. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password. CARCHEX is not liable for any loss that you may suffer through the use of your password by others. You shall notify CARCHEX immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or of any other breach of security known to you with respect to the Site.
10. Feedback. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by sending any comments or materials (collectively “Feedback”) to CARCHEX, including without limitation questions, submissions, suggestions, ideas, postings, comments or the like, or posting Feedback to the Site, you grant CARCHEX a perpetual, non-revocable, transferable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, absolute, royalty-free, worldwide license to use the Feedback in any format or media now or hereafter known. CARCHEX shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Feedback and shall be free to modify, copy, perform, publish, transmit, reproduce, use, exhibit, disclose, display, transform, create derivative works, distribute the Feedback to others and otherwise exploit the Feedback without limitation, in whole or in part, alone or in conjunction with other materials, as well as the right to attempt to do so or permit others to do so or attempt to do so, all without attribution. Further, CARCHEX shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and/or services incorporating any Feedback.
11. Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. CARCHEX will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”). Written notification of claimed copyright infringement should be submitted to CARCHEX’s designated agent using the following contact information: Scott Levy, CARCHEX; 118 Shawan Road, Suite 210, Baltimore, MD 21030; 410-527-9280; firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Representation and Warranty Disclaimer. THE SITE AND ALL INFORMATION ON THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION TEXT, IMAGES, AND LINKS, AND THE INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITES, WHETHER AFFILIATED OR UNAFFILIATED WITH CARCHEX, WHICH YOU MAY VISIT THROUGH THE SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” BY CARCHEX AS A CONVENIENCE TO ALL USERS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES (I) OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (II) OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OR ACCURACY; (III) OF NON-INFRINGEMENT; (IV) OF QUIET ENJOYMENT; (V) OF TITLE; (VI) THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE, OR IN AN UNINTERRUPTED FASHION; (VII) THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED; (VIII) THAT ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY CARCHEX OR THIRD PARTIES WILL BE AVAILABLE IN ALL MARKETS; OR (IX) THAT THE SITE IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PLATFORM. EFFORTS BY CARCHEX TO MODIFY THE SITE SHALL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF THESE LIMITATIONS. IN THE EVENT YOUR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW OR LIMITS THE EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES, SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Dispute Resolution (Arbitration Clause).
16. California Waiver. If you are a California resident, to the extent permitted by California law, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor” as well as any other unknown claims under California Civil Code Section 1542 or any statute or common law principle of similar effect.
19. Viewing Outside the United States. CARCHEX makes no claims that the Site may be lawfully viewed, accessed or used outside the United States. Access or use of the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access or use the Site from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
Last Updated on 4/27/2010
The Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
Self-Reported Data. During your interactions with the Site, including when you provide any self-reported information, Company collects personally identifiable information or other nonpublic personal information from you. The type of self-reported information Company may collect includes, without limitation: First and Last Name; City; State; Address; Zip Code; Work Phone; Home Phone; Email Address and Vehicle Information. We may also collect aggregate, anonymous, statistical data, such as usage, traffic patterns and user demographics based on your self-reported data. We collect this information in order to, among other things, provide you with or assist in the provision of information, services and/or products offered by Company or third parties (“Vendors”) by or through the Site.
Electronically Produced Data
Action Tags. We may employ a software technology called action tags (also known as “web beacons”, “single pixel gifs”, “clear gifs” or “web bugs”), which are similar to cookies, in order to gather information about the Site. Action tags help us identify and track the performance of web pages on the Site, therefore allowing us to measure the performance and quality of the Site and to manage Site content. In addition, Company, its advertisers and/or Vendors may use action tags in emails. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of marketing campaigns by showing, for example, how many emails have been opened.
IP Addresses. An IP (Internet Protocol) address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Company collects IP addresses and other technical information about your machine through your web browser such as your operating system, browser type and referring URL for the purposes of, among other things, system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers and others, and to ensure the validity of user requests.
Log Files. Like most standard website servers, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files, which contain information such as, among other things, IP addresses, browser type, operating system, ISP, date/time stamps and referring pages. Among other things, this information allows us to track statistics and trends on an aggregate basis.
Disclosure of Information to Nonaffiliated Third Parties
Company may disclose all of the information described above under the heading “The Information We Collect and How We Use That Information” to other market participants that provide and/or that market consumer services and/or products. These nonaffiliated third parties may include, but are not limited to: (i) Vendors; (ii) retailers; and (iii) direct marketers, including without limitation e-mail marketers. These parties may compensate us for your information. We may also disclose the information to investors, potential investors, business partners and others. To the extent disclosure of any information as provided herein may not otherwise be permitted by law, by submitting any self-reported information to the Site, you consent to such disclosure.
Maintenance of Information and Security
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to safeguard the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information. We utilize what we believe to be industry standard security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of nonpublic personal information under our control, and we limit access to your nonpublic personal information within our organization to those employees who need to know the nonpublic personal information to provide information, services and/or products to you. However, due to the nature of the Internet, computer networks, systems and other factors, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Company to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully, regardless of our best intentions. As such, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, including without limitation nonpublic personal information.
Consent to Receive Notices Via the Site. By submitting any nonpublic personal information to the Site, you are agreeing that Company may deliver all privacy and opt out notices that may be required under applicable law, if any, to you electronically, including via email to the most recent email address you have provided to Company, or via posting on the Site.
Links. The Site may contain links to third party sites at which your personal information is collected and used. Your visit to any third party website is governed by the privacy and other policies applicable to that site. Company cannot control nor is it responsible for any such third party collection or use of your personal information or the content or policies of such sites, and Company expressly disclaims any liability related to such sites.
Web Logs and Other Forums. The Site may offer web logs, web postings, chat rooms, newsgroups or other forums which permit users to interact online. Any information you transmit online in such forums will be made public and Company cannot control nor is it responsible for the use any third party may make of such information.
Special Notification for California Residents. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individuals who reside in California and use our Site for private, family or household purposes to request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at the email address provided below. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to such requests submitted other than to the address specifically referenced in this Section.
Opt Out Notice and Opportunity to Opt Out
As described above under the heading “Disclosure of Information to Nonaffiliated Third Parties,” we may disclose your nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties. If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties (other than disclosures required or permitted by law), you may opt out of those disclosures at any time, whether before or after you provide us with any nonpublic personal information. In other words, you may direct us not to make disclosures of your nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties (other than disclosures required or permitted by law).
Please be advised that if you resubmit nonpublic personal information to us after you elect to opt out, you will have to submit a new opt out request with respect to the resubmitted information. Also, once we provide your nonpublic personal information to a nonaffiliated third party, we cannot control how those third parties will use your nonpublic personal information; as a result, your election to opt out will not affect use by such third parties of previously disclosed nonpublic personal information.
If you wish to opt out, click here.