When you walk out of the showroom with the keys to your new car, chances are it comes with a car manufacturers warranty. These warranties ensure the car is protected for a stated period of time, but what happens when that time is up?
Learn how buying extra coverage with an extended warranty from CARCHEX can give you additional peace of mind.
What Do You Get in a Manufacturers Warranty?
Today, almost all cars have some type of warranty, but not all warranties are created equal. While most automakers have 3 year/36,000 mile coverage, some warranties may last for 4 or 5 years. There are different kinds of factory warranties, most notably the bumper-to-bumper and the powertrain. Roadside assistance warranties are less common but may be a good addition to your coverage.
1. Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty
Also known as a basic warranty, it’s the most general coverage and pays for repairs to almost all of the factory-installed parts. It’s also called an exclusionary warranty because the list of parts it excludes is much shorter than the ones it covers. A good way to think of it is this protects most of your car’s components between the front and back bumpers. Bumper-to-bumper warranties don’t usually include items that wear and tear, such as brake pads and tires, or regular maintenance items like oil changes.
2. Powertrain Warranty
This warranty is coverage to repair malfunctions to the vehicle’s powertrain. Simply put, it protects all of the parts that provide power to the car. A car’s powertrain includes:
- Engine and its internal parts
3. Roadside Assistance
If your car breaks down on the side of the road, this type of factory warranty covers the cost of towing and tire changes.
Here is a handy breakdown of many different car manufacturers warranties across different automakers, including Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Volvo, and Kia.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Manufacturers Warranty
Use these tips to optimize what’s offered in your manufacturers warranty:
- Read the entire warranty, taking note of what’s covered, what’s not, and when different parts of the warranty expire.
- Ask your finance and insurance (F&I) officer questions about parts of the warranty you don’t understand.
- If a maintenance schedule is included in the warranty, make sure you follow it.
- Keep receipts and records of all services and show them when you put in a claim.
- Get your car inspected a few months before your warranty expires. That way, you can look into getting any necessary repairs covered.
Get More Out Of Your Car with an Extended Warranty
Getting coverage when you walk out of the showroom is helpful, but you’re probably looking for more than a few years of protection for your new investment. Consider buying an extended warranty for addition coverage, which picks up where your manufacturers warranty left off. An extended warranty, or an extended service contract, will cover your car’s repair costs after the original warranty expires. They can also be purchased to protect a pre-owned or used vehicle.
At CARCHEX, our car warranty and insurance experts offer a variety of protection plans that ensure your car is in great mechanical shape while keeping the money to repair it in your pocket.
Benefits of CARCHEX Extended Warranties
Not only does CARCHEX lead the auto warranty industry with flexible, affordable plans, but we offer our customers a range of other benefits:
- All protection plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, towing, rental cars, gas delivery, trip interruption services, and more.
- Customer Experience Above All is our promise. We back this with our No-Haggle, Low-Price, Everyday Guarantee™, as well as our 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
- We directly pay the auto shop instead of you footing the bill upfront and waiting to be reimbursed.
- With thousands of covered repair facilities in the United States, you have more than enough options for who you’d like to repair your vehicle.
Find Peace of Mind With CARCHEX
CARCHEX makes it easy for auto owners to find that extra protection they need. Getting a car warranty quote online is free, fast, and easy. We have an A+ customer service rating from the Better Business Bureau and twice have been nominated for Marketplace Excellence.
Our extended service specialists can help keep your vehicle on the road and money in your pocket. Call 866-261-3457 today.
Your Mechanic: https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-to-use-your-car-warranty-successfully-by-patrick-haas
Better Business Bureau: www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869