It's always important to do your due diligence before buying a car, and the same should apply before you purchase a car warranty. The auto warranty and insurance experts at CARCHEX can answer all of your warranty questions and help you navigate the shopping process. Read on to learn about the different types of car warranties and get tips on how to find the best one for you.
Tips for Purchasing a Car Warranty
If you're looking to purchase a car warranty, there are a few things you should know. Take these tips as you shop for the best coverage for you:
- Find a warranty that works for your needs and budget. The best warranty providers will offer plans that can be tailored to your needs.
- Compare third-party review sites. Industry authorities like RepairPal, Edmunds.com, the Better Business Bureau, and Thoroughly Reviewed are good places to start.
- Find a provider that lets you choose. You shouldn't be limited to using a single repair shop or dealer for your car's repairs. Make the sure the warranty provider allows you to choose a mechanic you trust.
- Ask about added perks. The best car warranties will offer bonuses like 24-hour roadside assistance, towing and rental car services, gas delivery, and trip interruption coverage.
- Read the warranty before you sign the dotted line. Like any purchase, make sure you're clear on what you're getting before you agree to terms. Don't be afraid to ask a lot of what if? questions.
Types of Car Warranties
Here are the three most common types of car warranties:
A new vehicle limited warranty
Sometimes called bumper to bumper, a limited warranty covers new cars (typically, vehicles with less than 60,000 miles). Though no warranty covers every component between your car's bumpers, these are normally the most comprehensive.
A powertrain warranty
A powertrain warranty covers the parts and systems that power your vehicle, like the engine, transmission, and axles. Those are usually the most expensive parts of a car, so this type will cover the most costly repairs you might face.
An extended warranty
When you need coverage beyond the factory new vehicle limited and factory powertrain warranties that typically come with used cars, you can purchase an extended warranty. This kind of warranty can be purchased at any time in your car's life and can cover as much or as little as you want it to.
Quality & Service from CARCHEX
Purchasing the best car warranty is easy with CARCHEX. We work with the best warranty providers in the business to ensure that you get the right car warranty for your needs, driving habits, and budget. You'll have more than enough options with our customizable Vehicle Protection Plans to create your unique coverage plan.
Our 99.9% customer satisfaction rating and A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau reflect our commitment to customer experience above all. Just give us a call and see what our specialists can do for you.
Getting a Quote Is Easy
Getting a free quote online is fast, free, and easy. Or call CARCHEX at 866-261-3457 to talk to a specialist about purchasing a car warranty.
Thoroughly Reviewed: https://thoroughlyreviewed.com/car-warranty/extended-car-warranty-company-reviews/
The Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869