Disclosure: This content was produced by an independent editorial party for the purposes of educating our customers, and is not influenced by the other business operations of CARCHEX.
Buying a Honda certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicle is usually a safe bet, as Hondas are known for durability and reliability. However, breakdowns and accidents are always a reality on the road. An extended warranty can protect your investment and keep your car active for years to come.
At CARCHEX, we offer affordable and comprehensive protection plans on new, used, or certified pre-owned Honda vehicles. We explain what the manufacturer’s Honda CPO warranty covers, how to get the best protection for your Honda at the lowest price, and why extended coverage from CARCHEX is the best option.
Honda CPO Warranty Coverage
A certified pre-owned vehicle is a used car that’s been inspected and refurbished. At Honda, the vehicle must be newer than five years, have no more than 80,000 miles, and pass through a Honda pre-owned certified checklist, which includes a 182-point inspection.
Buying a CPO vehicle is usually more affordable than buying a new Honda vehicle. They’re still considered in great condition and come with a Honda CPO factory warranty.
Honda offers limited coverage for certified pre-owned vehicles purchased in 2019 or within the five years before.
Powertrain Limited Warranty Coverage
- This limited warranty provides powertrain coverage for up to 7 years (from original in-service date) or up to 100,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
- It covers powertrain parts like the engine, transmission, and transfer case, as well as the front- and rear-wheel drive system.
- This limited warranty provides non-powertrain coverage for 12 months or up to 12,000 miles (from original in-service date) on the following systems and components:
- If the vehicle is less than 12 months and 12,000 miles from original in-service date—known as HondaTrue Certified+ —the Honda CPO warranty is extended to 24 months or 50,000 miles.
- Coverage begins when the New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires, if the car is still under the original warranty.
Honda CPO warranties are transferable for the balance of the 12 months or 12,000 miles on the limited warranty or 7 years or 100,000 miles on the powertrain warranty plan.
What’s Missing from Honda’s CPO Coverage
Note that many repairs are not covered by Honda’s factory warranty, which is why extended warranty coverage from a provider like CARCHEX is beneficial.
Here’s what’s not included in the Honda CPO factory warranty:
Standard Maintenance / Wear Items
Honda’s limited warranty does not cover normal wear-and-tear, improper maintenance, or damage caused by acts of nature.
The following is not covered under the Honda CPO warranty through the factory:
- Expendable items such as filters, fluids, wiper blades, etc.
- Maintenance procedures such as tune-ups, tire rotation, and wheel alignment
- Clutches, brakes, and tires
- Batteries and bulbs
Body Parts, Interior, Trim, and Glass
The manufacturer’s warranty does not protect your Honda against any defects to your car’s appearance, including the:
- Body parts and trim, including inner fenders, doors, and chrome trim
- Upholstery, trim, and interior parts such as dash panel, head consoles, etc.
- Glass and mirrors
- Wheels, including wheel studs and trim rings
- Other items such as airbags that deploy during a collision or clamps, clips, and screws
The Honda CPO warranty excludes emissions-related repairs and replacements such as head pipes, catalytic converters, mufflers, and more.
Why an Extended Warranty Is a Good Choice for Honda CPO Vehicles
An extended warranty can protect you from paying expensive out-of-pocket repairs on any car, but especially your CPO Honda. According to RepairPal, Honda owners can expect to pay $414 in annual repair and maintenance costs on their Honda vehicle.
A few common replacements that you might experience are:
CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plans for Honda CPO Vehicles
CARCHEX is a third-party warranty company that offers several levels of vehicle coverage for new and used Honda vehicles, ranging from Titanium (the most comprehensive coverage) to Bronze (the most basic plan). That way, you can find the right protection for your CPO Honda—and your budget.
Check out an overview of our Extended Vehicle Protection Plan options:
Another factor to consider when shopping for an extended Honda CPO warranty is your Honda’s age and mileage. Honda vehicles tend to last longer than most brands. The longer you plan on driving your vehicle, the more you can benefit from an extended warranty plan. That’s because they protect cars long after your original warranty has expired.
The Benefits of Car Warranty Coverage Through CARCHEX
At CARCHEX, we offer Honda owners a variety of unique benefits not seen anywhere else when shopping for used car warranties. Some of those CARCHEX advantages include:
- Affordable payment plans—A low monthly payment is a lot easier to handle than an unexpected $3,000 transmission repair.
- Repair shop flexibility—You can choose from more than 30,000 licensed repair shops all over the country.
- Claims paid directly to facility—No paperwork, no wait. Get your car fixed and we’ll take care of the bill.
- Commitment to customer service—We have an A+ customer service rating from the Better Business Bureau and have been accredited since 2009.
- Additional benefits—We offer such advantages as roadside assistance and rental car assistance.
- Satisfaction guarantee—We back our products and services with a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Get a Free, Custom Quote from CARCHEX
Finding a Honda used car warranty through a CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plan is free, fast, and easy. CARCHEX is one of the best used car warranty companies out there and gives you the peace of mind you need.
Just enter your information here on our website, and you’ll have a quote for an extended warranty for your Honda CPO vehicle in minutes. You can also call 866-261-3457 and speak with one of our protection specialists.
Your Mechanic: https://www.yourmechanic.com/estimates/honda/cr-v/brake-rotor-disc-replacement
Your Mechanic: https://www.yourmechanic.com/estimates/honda/clarity/control-arm-assembly-replacement
Consumer Reports: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-repair-maintenance/make-your-car-last-200-000-miles/
Better Business Bureau: bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869