Buying a Honda certified pre-owned vehicle is usually a safe bet; Hondas are known for durability and reliability. However, breakdowns and accidents are always a reality on the road. An extended warranty can protect your investment and keep your car active for years to come.
We’ll tell you what the Honda CPO warranty covers and how to get the best protection for your Honda at the most affordable price.
Honda CPO Factory Coverage | An Overview
Honda offers limited coverage for certified pre-owned vehicles:
- Powertrain Coverage
- Limited warranty provides powertrain coverage for 7 years (from original in-service date) or 100,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
- Non-Powertrain Coverage – for vehicles purchased during the limited warranty period
- Limited warranty provides non-powertrain coverage for 1 year/12,000 for four years (from original in-service date) or 48,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
- Non-Powertrain Coverage – for vehicles purchased after the new vehicle limited warranty has expired
- Limited warranty provides non-powertrain coverage for 1 year (from date when CPO vehicle is delivered to the owner) or 12,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
What’s Missing from Honda’s CPO Coverage
Note that many repairs are not covered by Honda’s factory warranty, including:
- Standard maintenance / wear-and-tear
- Honda’s limited warranty does not include replacement of expendable items or damage from usual wear-and-tear, including certain issues from:
- Exhaust system
- Body, interior and glass
- The manufacturer’s warranty does not protect your Honda against any defects to your car’s appearance, including the:
- Body parts and trim,
- And other items
Why an Extended Warranty Is a Good Choice for CPO Vehicles
An extended warranty can protect you from paying expensive out-of-pocket repairs on your CPO Honda. According to Repair Pal, Honda owners can expect to pay $351 in annual repair and maintenance costs on their Honda. A few common repairs that you might experience are:
- Starter replacement: $191 to $1,409
- Brake rotor replacement: $229 to $1,169
- Ball Joint Replacement – lower: $120 to $1,065
CARCHEX Extended Warranty Plans
CARCHEX offers several levels of vehicle coverage for new and used vehicles, ranging from titanium (the most comprehensive coverage) to bronze (the most basic plan), so you can find the right protection for your CPO Honda—and your budget. Check out an overview of our coverage options:
Another factor to consider when shopping for a warranty for your Honda certified pre-owned is your Honda’s age and mileage. Those numbers vary from car to car, and Honda vehicles tend to last longer than most brands. The longer you plan on driving your vehicle, the more you can benefit from extended warranty protect.
The Benefits of Car Warranty Coverage with CARCHEX
At CARCHEX, we offer Honda owners a variety of unique benefits not seen anywhere else when shopping for used car warranties. Some of those CARCHEX advantages include:
- Affordable Payment Plans – A low monthly payment is a lot easier to handle than an unexpected $3,000 transmission repair.
- Repair Shop Flexibility – You can choose from more than 30,000 licensed repair shops all over the country.
- Claims Paid Directly To Facility – No paperwork, no wait. Get your car fixed and we’ll take care of the bill.
- Commitment To Customer Service – We have an A+ customer service rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Additional benefits – We offer such advantages as roadside assistance and rental car assistance.
Finding a Honda used car warranty with CARCHEX is free, fast, and easy.
Just enter your information here on our website and you’ll have a quote for a warranty for your CPO Honda in minutes. Or you can call 1-866-261-3457 and speak with one of our protection specialists.
Better Business Bureau: bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869