All brand-new Nissan models include three years or 36,000 miles of limited vehicle coverage and five years or 60,000 miles of limited powertrain coverage. This Nissan warranty is meant to make sure that no part of your new car is defective, but it won’t guarantee auto repairs for the lifetime of your ownership.
Nissan owners who plan to keep their vehicles for more than five years might want to consider purchasing an extended warranty to save on potential expenses. With so many items to consider when it comes to choosing extended warranty coverage, you might feel overwhelmed. Don’t do it alone—the experts at CARCHEX can help you make the best car warranty choice for your budget and needs.
Nissan Warranty Exclusions
If you’re still within the terms of your factory warranty, most of the repairs and maintenance costs you encounter should be covered, with some exceptions. The Nissan factory warranty doesn’t cover the following:
- Routine maintenance services: If it’s just regular maintenance on your vehicle, the owner’s manual states that you’ll pay for it out of pocket.
- Issues due to poor maintenance: If you don’t keep your car in top shape and something goes wrong, the Nissan warranty won’t cover it.
- Using the wrong parts: If you use a car part not certified by federal requirements, it’ll keep your Nissan warranty from covering the repair.
- EPA testing fees: The costs associated with determining why your vehicle failed an emissions test won’t be covered by the factory warranty.
- Non-Nissan parts: Parts not supplied by Nissan and damages caused by non-Nissan parts will not be covered by the warranty.
- Resulting damage: Situations such as car accidents, hail, flooding, racing, and theft aren’t covered by your Nissan warranty.
In reality, no warranty plan covers every part of your vehicle. Here’s a list of common car components that aren’t covered by bumper-to-bumper warranties, even after the deductible:
- Tires (which often have their own warranty)
- Factory accessories
- Electronic systems
The best way to find out specific warranty information is by looking at your Nissan’s owner’s manual. Note that there might be slight differences in coverage for a Sentra as for a larger model like the Titan.
The most basic coverage level of Nissan Security+Plus is Powertrain Preferred. This plan takes care of your vehicle’s engine, transmission, front-wheel drive, four-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, fuel system, suspension, electrical, brakes, and air conditioning.
If you select Nissan Security+Plus Gold Preferred, virtually all major components will be covered for vehicle repairs apart from routine maintenance. The Silver Preferred option comes with all Powertrain Preferred parts but has additional coverage for your transmission, rear-wheel drive, four-wheel drive, steering, electrical, brakes, and air conditioning.
Should I Get a Nissan Extended Warranty?
Why should you consider getting a Nissan extended warranty? Many consider Nissan extended warranty costs to be worth it because Nissans aren’t known for being reliable, with the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study ranking it as 20th of 32 automakers.
Not only will an extended Nissan warranty bring you peace of mind and potentially save you money over time, but a transferable warranty could also increase the value of your Nissan if you decide to sell it.
Nissan Average Repair Costs
According to RepairPal, the average annual maintenance cost on a Nissan is $500. This price is just an average, however, since needs will depend on the age and mileage of your car along with the nature of the repair work.
Car repair costs quickly add up, as seen by the average repair costs listed below:
- Nissan Maxima water pump replacement: $694 to $827
- Nissan Altima wheel bearing replacement: $235–$477
- Nissan Rogue brake master cylinder replacement: $532 to $650
- Nissan Murano power steering hose replacement: $628 to $665
- Nissan Pathfinder brake booster replacement: $612 to $828
CARCHEX: The Best Nissan Extended Warranty
CARCHEX is changing the face of extended Nissan warranties. We’ll give you a free car warranty quote in just seconds, giving you access to your options for CARCHEX extended vehicle protection plans.
Call us toll-free at 866-261-3457 or chat with us online to see what kind of extended Nissan warranty providers exist. We’re also ready to discuss your coverage needs to make sure you find the best protection possible for your Nissan.