As a Nissan owner, it's important to know what all is available to you in an extended warranty. All brand-new Nissans come equipped with the manufacturer’s standard warranty offer. This includes 36 months or 36,000 miles of limited vehicle coverage and five years or 60,000 miles of limited powertrain coverage.
Nissan Factory Warranty
New Nissan vehicles come with a factory warranty that includes the following coverage:
- 3-year / 36,000-mile limited warranty, which covers the repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of parts original to the vehicle or supplied by Nissan.
- 5-year / 60,000-mile powertrain warranty, which covers the car's major systems, such as the transmission, engine, and drive systems that are original to the vehicle or supplied by Nissan.
- 10-year / 120,000-mile warranty extension, which is included for some 2003-2010 vehicles that have a continuously variable transmission.
The warranty is designed so that during the initial period of ownership you will be protected from covering high repair costs if anything happens to your Nissan. That can be a real lifesaver when you consider that even common repairs can easily cost several thousands of dollars.
It's also important to keep in mind that your vehicle is covered only if you take it to an authorized Nissan dealership repair shop.
What Happens When Your Nissan Factory Warranty Expires?
In addition to the standard warranty, Nissan also offers a variety of extended protection plans. These plans can provide coverage for the following:
- Tires and wheels
- Vehicle depreciation
- Key replacements
- Scratches, dings and dents
- Windshield damage
- Roadside assistance
- Car rental
- … and more
Why should you consider an extended warranty for your Nissan? Although they remain popular cars among consumers, Nissan ranked just 21st on the Consumer Reports 2016 Car Brand Report Card (and down from 18th on the 2015 report) with an overall score of just 63 and the notion of “the most inconsistent product line.”
Not only will a warranty bring you peace of mind and save you money in the long run on costly repairs, but a warranty that is transferable can also help increase the value of your Nissan should you decide to sell it.
CARCHEX Extended Nissan Warranty
Should you consider investing in an extended warranty plan for your Nissan? Absolutely. Should you buy it directly from your Nissan dealership? Not necessarily.
The Protection Specialists at CARCHEX have shopped around the market for the Nissan warranty offers with the best coverage and most affordable prices. We’ve compiled this information for you and made it available in one easy-to-use marketplace.
When you choose CARCHEX for your extended warranty, you will get:
- Affordable monthly payment plans
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Your choice of mechanic
- Claims paid directly to the repair shop
- Extras like towing services, gas delivery, and trip interruption protection
CARCHEX is changing the face of car warranties. We’ll give you a free quote in just seconds and grant you 24/7 access to your coverage options.
Call us toll-free at 866-261-3457 or chat with us online to see what kind of warranty options are available for your Nissan.