Disclosure: This content was produced by an independent editorial party for the purposes of educating our customers, and is not influenced by the other business operations of CARCHEX.
Subaru Extended Warranty Overview
For drivers who need coverage beyond the factory warranty period, there are two Subaru extended warranty options, called Added Security® extended service agreements.
- Classic—This plan covers around 1,000 Subaru parts including the engine, transmission, drivetrain, suspension, steering, brakes, electrical, cooling system, fuel system, and air conditioning. It also comes with coverage for towing and rental car reimbursement.
- Gold Plus—This includes everything covered by the Classic plan and more. It is similar to the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty and protects the majority of vehicle components, with some exceptions. It comes with towing, rental car reimbursement, and travel expense coverage if your Subaru breaks down more than 100 miles from your home.
Pricing for a Subaru extended warranty is different at each dealership and is individually negotiated. Most likely, an extended warranty from Subaru will cost more than a Subaru vehicle service contract with CARCHEX. We offer extended warranties for Subaru vehicles that are both comprehensive and affordable. In fact, the average monthly coverage cost of a CARCHEX Vehicle Protection Plan for a 2007–2014 Subaru is just $66.* We’ve been helping Subaru drivers find coverage for over 20 years.
Your Subaru Factory Warranty at a Glance
All new Subaru vehicles come with a manufacturer-backed Subaru warranty package that includes:
- 3-year/36,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty—Covers most components, barring a list of exclusions, and is commonly referred to as a bumper-to-bumper warranty
- 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty—A powertrain warranty covers the major power systems of the car, such as the engine block, timing belt, water pump, oil pump, front, rear, and all-wheel drive (but your transmission may not be covered depending on the year of your car)
- 3-year/36,000-mile wear item coverage—Covers repairs and replacements of brake pad and shoe linings, clutch linings, and wiper blades
- 5-year/unlimited-mileage rust perforation limited warranty—Covers rust-through that occurs to only a few parts of the original body of the vehicle
- Lifetime seat belt warranty—Covers seat belts that fail to function properly
- Added bonus—Subaru factory warranties are transferable, meaning that if you sell your vehicle while under the time/mileage limits, the new owner receives the remainder of the coverage
With a Subaru warranty, you shouldn’t have to pay a deductible for a covered repair after your new car suffers a mechanical breakdown.
Subaru Factory Warranty Limitations
In addition to Subaru extended warranty prices, there are several other reasons to choose a CARCHEX vehicle service contract over an extended warranty from the manufacturer. For example, with the Subaru warranty:
- In order to receive coverage for repairs or replacements to your car, you must have your Subaru serviced at an authorized Subaru dealership.
- Only parts original to the vehicle or installed by an authorized Subaru dealer repair shop are covered under warranty.
- Once the time limits listed above expire, no matter who owns the car, the driver is on the hook to pay out of pocket for any vehicle repair costs.
- Subaru will only cover repairs or replacements that are due to faulty factory parts or workmanship, not normal vehicle use.
If you want to keep your Subaru on the road longer and save on expensive maintenance costs, a Subaru extended warranty can help provide extra coverage.
Is a Subaru Extended Warranty Worth It?
If you’re no longer covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, you’ll be responsible for paying the parts and labor costs of your repairs and part replacements. Subaru extended warranty prices are worth it for drivers who want to avoid paying for Subaru repairs out of pocket. In the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Vehicle Dependability StudySM, Subaru placed 19th out of 32 brands studied and below the industry average. RepairPal rates Subaru 3.5 out of 5.0 for reliability and ranks it 14th out of 32 brands.
According to CarComplaints.com, Subaru owners have reported problems such as:
- Excessive or high oil consumption in Subaru Foresters
- Excessive oil consumption and transmission failure in Subaru Outbacks
- Engine failure, excessive oil consumption, and stalling in Subaru Legacy vehicles
In addition, Subaru drivers have reported the following common repairs:
- Head gasket replacement—$927 to $2,803
- Clutch replacement—$676 to $2,281
- Timing belt replacement—$238 to $729
- Lower ball joint replacement—$91 to $633
If these numbers would not comfortably fit into your budget, then you’re like most auto owners. Forking over the cash yourself can put a great deal of strain on your wallet and your peace of mind.
CARCHEX Subaru Coverage
Many drivers whose Subaru factory warranties have expired choose to cover their vehicle with an extended warranty. Extended warranties from third-party providers are often available at an affordable price and come with a number of added benefits.
At CARCHEX, we offer comprehensive extended warranties for Subaru vehicles at a price that can fit into any budget. For more than two decades, we’ve been keeping drivers safe on the road. When you buy an extended warranty with CARCHEX, you can count on the following:
- Affordable monthly payment plans—We offer affordable and flexible low monthly payments that can fit into any budget. CARCHEX also requires no down payment to get started.
- Consultative customer service—CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plans allow you to customize the coverage and price of your extended warranty based on your budget, driving habits, and needs—and our warranty specialists can help.
- Your pick of repair shop—We believe that you should have confidence in your mechanic. That’s why CARCHEX partners with more than 30,000 repair facilities nationwide. So whether you prefer a national chain like Firestone, Pep Boys, or Goodyear, a dealer, or are loyal to your local garage, you’ll be able to take your car to a mechanic you know and trust.
- 30-day money-back guarantee—We stand behind our Extended Vehicle Protection Plans. If you’re not pleased with your warranty, just let us know within 30 days and we’ll provide a refund. After 30 days, you can still receive a prorated refund if you have yet to file a claim.
- Best-in-class customer service—Customer satisfaction is of utmost performance to us. We proudly boast a 99.9% customer satisfaction rating and an A+ score from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- No-Haggle, Low-Price Everyday Guarantee™—When you call us for a free quote, we’ll provide a fair, competitive price up front.
- Extra benefits—All plans include roadside assistance, towing, rental car reimbursement, and other benefits.
Affordable Extended Warranties for Subarus
When you invest in a CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plan, you should know that we are dedicated to providing all of our customers with coverage that fits their individual needs and budget.
We work with top-rated companies to offer affordable payment plans with flexible terms, which is great for Subaru car owners who can afford a low monthly payment but not an unexpected $3,000 car repair. Deductibles can be as low as $0.
Call Now for Your Subaru Vehicle Protection Options
If you are interested in learning about Subaru extended auto warranty prices and coverage options offered through our CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plans, call CARCHEX at 866-261-3457 and speak to a warranty specialist today.
J.D. Power: https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2021-us-vehicle-dependability-study-vds
*Figure accurate as of May 2017. Average monthly coverage cost is based on the average total price of the Vehicle Protection Plan over a four year coverage period. Actual monthly payments will vary per plan’s payment policy. Individual pricing is subject to change based on the combination of make, model, year, and mileage as well as coverage level and term length.