Like any manufacturer’s warranty, your Toyota’s factory warranty has exceptions regarding what repairs are covered. As a car owner, it’s important to know what your current auto warranty covers and for how long. If you’re worried that the level of protection you’re getting isn’t enough—or know that you want coverage when it expires—consider an Extended Vehicle Protection Plan.
Toyota offers two types of warranties for their vehicles. One that comes with all new vehicles and one that can be purchased for extended coverage.
Toyota Factory Warranty
When you drive your new Toyota off the lot, you’re covered with:
- 3-year / 36,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty
- Covers most components of you car with the exception of parts like tires and the interior
- 5-year / 60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty
- Covers the major power systems of the car, like the engine and transmission
- 5-year / unlimited-mile rust-through warranty
- Covers you from rust-through of some parts
Toyota Dealer Extended Warranties
When Toyota factory warranties expire, most drivers have the option of purchasing extended protection from Toyota in the form of a Vehicle Service Agreement (VSA). Toyota’s VSA programs include:
- Three levels of service agreement protection to choose from
- Flexible coverage terms lasting three to eight years or 50,000 to 125,000 miles
- Free access to Toyota’s nationwide service and support network
- 24/7 roadside assistance and travel protection
- Reimbursements on towing services, car rentals, meals, and lodging in case of a breakdown
- One-time warranty transfer between owners
- Cancellation options
The Cost of Repairing a Toyota Vehicle
Here are some of the repairs that Toyota drivers see—and what they pay for them:
- Water pump replacement—$189 to $3,246
- Front strut / shock absorber replacement—$124 to $1,054
- Timing belt replacement—$258 to $931
- Brake rotor replacement—$234 to $815
If these numbers are shocking to you, then you’re not alone. Few people are able to comfortably pay for these repairs out of pocket. That’s why many Toyota owners purchase extended coverage for their vehicles.
What You Don’t Get with a Manufacturer’s Plan
Whether you have a factory warranty that came with your Toyota the day you drove it off the lot or you have an extended warranty plan purchased through your dealer, there are some things that you just don’t get with manufacturer warranty plans.
Here’s what you’re missing out on:
- The Freedom to Choose Your Mechanic—Dealer warranties will require you to have your vehicle serviced only at specific dealership locations.
- The Option to Customize—Dealers sell off-the-rack warranties that cannot be tailored to your needs.
- Price Flexibility—When you buy a warranty from a Toyota dealer, you won’t find any flexibility when it comes to cost since prices are set at the brand level, not the consumer level.
- Money Back Guarantees—Unlike the best third-party providers, most manufacturers do not provide any kind of satisfaction guarantee.
Benefits of Toyota Extended Coverage
When you choose to protect your Toyota with extended coverage from CARCHEX, you can be sure that you’re getting the most comprehensive coverage for an affordable price. In fact, the average monthly coverage cost of a CARCHEX Vehicle Protection Plan for a 2007–2014 Toyota is just $56.*
We’ve been keeping drivers safe and on the road for nearly 20 years now with our Extended Vehicle Protection Plans, and we provide our customers with a long list of benefits, including:
- Affordable monthly payment plans that can fit into any budget
- No down payment so you can seamlessly get started right away
- Consultative customer service so you can make sure your plan works for you
- Your choice of mechanic so you can choose the repair shop you trust most
- Claims paid to the repair facility so you don’t have to pay the bill out of pocket and then wait to be reimbursed
- Transferrable terms so you can pass the warranty along if you decide to sell your vehicle
- A 30-day money back guarantee to ensure that you’re 100% pleased with your Toyota warranty
Toyota Extended Warranty Plans from CARCHEX
CARCHEX coverage plans are comprehensive and affordable. Here’s a quick look at the five coverage levels we offer. Available within these levels are a number of protection plans.
Find the Right Toyota Warranty for You
Get the most out of your Toyota for years to come. For the most comprehensive coverage available, choose the experts at CARCHEX. We’ll work with you to determine the plan and coverage that’s right for you and your budget, and our low monthly payment plans require no money down to get started.
CARCHEX is also backed by an accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and by our very own customers, who give us a 99.9% satisfaction score.
Call Now for a Free Toyota Warranty Quote
Call CARCHEX today at 866-261-3457 to speak to one of our warranty experts about a Toyota extended warranty. We’ll work to find the right plan for you.
Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869
*Figure accurate as of May 2017. Average monthly coverage cost is based on the average total price of the Vehicle Protection Plan over a four year coverage period. Actual monthly payments will vary per plan’s payment policy. Individual pricing is subject to change based on the combination of make, model, year, and mileage as well as coverage level and term length.