There are many ways to ship a car. You can ship it by truck, boat or train. If you’re going to ship a car and expect the weather to be bad, you might want to choose a method in which the car is protected. This might be by train or truck. You can also obtain advice from the shipping company on how to protect it. Make sure you acquire a copy of any shipping requirements and keep it with your paperwork. Here are some more tips on preparing a car for shipping:
- Make sure to remove any racks. These include tire, bike and cargo racks. These are easily damaged during the shipping process.
- Remove any broken or loose antennas. If they are not loose, but can be lowered, do it.
- Take anything valuable out of the car. In some instances, you can ship items inside the car or in the container used to ship the car. This might not be a good idea. There is always a possibility of theft. If you do decide to do this, make sure any valuable items are insured and put them in the trunk, out of sight.
- Make sure the gas tank is less than 1/4 full.
- Make sure you have an extra set of keys in your possession.