A Cadillac is a luxury vehicle that requires diligent care—and great vehicle coverage. No matter the model, consider a Cadillac extended warranty that offers exceptional protection far beyond the factory warranty term.
The car insurance and warranty experts at CARCHEX can answer all your questions—what’s covered, how much warranty plans cost, and how to find the best plan for your budget, needs, and driving habits. Keep reading to learn more about Cadillac extended warranty options, also known as vehicle service contracts, for your vehicle.
What Does Cadillac Warranty Cover?
Before deciding on a Cadillac extended warranty, you should understand what’s covered under your factory warranty. Here’s what you get with a Cadillac manufacturer’s warranty:
- 4-year/50,000-mile Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty—This warranty covers the cost to repair or replace any defects in materials or workmanship original to the car. Parts and labor are included, and the warranty is fully transferable to a second owner.
- 6-year/70,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty—This covers the cost to repair or replace any defects in materials or workmanship of the engine, transmission, and drive systems.
- 6-year/70,000-mile Roadside Assistance—This 24/7 service includes towing, lockout services, refueling, dealer technician roadside services, and other perks.
- 6- year/70,000-mile Courtesy Transportation—Cadillac will provide another means of travel or reimbursement if your car breaks down due to a covered repair.
- Limited Parts Warranty—There are three different parts warranties that cover different genuine Cadillac parts:
- 24-Month/Unlimited-Mile Limited Parts Warranty
- Limited Lifetime Parts Warranty
- 12-Month/Unlimited Parts Warranty
Once these warranties expire, you’re on the hook for expensive repairs. Fortunately, third-party providers such as CARCHEX offer flexible Cadillac extended warranty coverage options that can protect your car long after your factory warranty period ends.
Why Cadillac Owners Need an Extended Warranty
What do you do when your Cadillac factory warranty ends? An untimely repair can make a huge dent in your budget and leave you having to choose between vehicle safety and finances.
It all comes down to vehicle reliability and repair costs—the two most important factors when considering additional protection with a Cadillac extended warranty.
Cadillac Vehicle Reliability
The reliability of most Cadillacs is fine, but it’s far from outstanding. J.D. Power awarded Cadillac with one quality award in 2019. RepairPal ranks Cadillac a 3.0 out of 5.0, average in terms of reliability. However, over the past several years, there have been recalls for multiple models.
Cadillac Repair Costs
Maintaining the prestige of your Cadillac can be costly. Cadillac happens to be among the most expensive brands to repair, costing owners more than $12,000 on average over 10 years.
Regular car maintenance is expected on all vehicles, but a breakdown is always an unwanted surprise. When deciding whether Cadillac extended warranty protection would be a smart investment to help you cover these expenses, consider the average costs of common Cadillac repairs:
The average annual cost for Cadillac SRX car maintenance and minor repairs is $703. Unfortunately, many breakdowns are unpredictable, so it’s important to be prepared with a Cadillac extended warranty.
Who Should Provide Your Extended Cadillac Protection?
General Motors has Cadillac extended warranty plans, but you may benefit more from a service contract purchased through a third-party provider. You can still select factory-level coverage, but often for a lower price and with fewer restrictions.
With a CARCHEX warranty, you also get peace of mind knowing that if something goes wrong, you’ll be well taken care of. Our team is committed to providing excellent customer service and the most comprehensive plans that work for Cadillac drivers and their individual needs.
To get a free quote on a Cadillac extended warranty, call 866-261-3457 and speak with a vehicle protection specialist today.
J.D. Power: https://www.jdpower.com/Cars/ratings/cadillac/2019
Kelley Blue Book: https://www.kbb.com/ownership/recalls/cadillac/
Popular Mechanics: https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a21295/these-are-the-most-expensive-car-brands-to-maintain/
Transmission Repair Cost Guide: https://www.transmissionrepaircostguide.com/