Disclosure: This content was produced by an independent editorial party for the purposes of educating our customers, and is not influenced by the other business operations of CARCHEX.
Though Mopar® is mainly known for providing parts and services for cars under the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) brand, it also provides extended auto warranty contracts for any FCA vehicle. But when your factory warranty expires, is a Mopar extended warranty worth it?
Read this guide to learn what extended warranty plans Mopar offers, how to get a quote, and how Mopar’s services stack up to CARCHEX.
The name Mopar is a combination of the words “motor” and “parts.” The brand debuted in 1937 as Chrysler’s proprietary brand of antifreeze, and since then, it has grown to provide parts for all FCA vehicles. Today, Mopar is the official parts and services arm of the company.
What Is a Mopar Extended Warranty?
Sometimes referred to as Chrysler extended warranties, Mopar Vehicle Protection plans are factory-backed service contracts. Mopar has a vast network of brand repair facilities across North America, all of which use genuine Mopar parts. The brand offers new and used extended car warranties for the following brands, along with some competitors:
Mopar Vehicle Protection plans have different purchase restrictions depending on the age of the car:
- New: Vehicles within three years/36,000 miles of their original in-service date (may come with a surcharge after one year/12,000 miles)
- Certified pre-owned: Vehicles that are within the certified pre-owned limited warranty and have less than 75,000 miles
- Pre-owned: Vehicles that are no more than 10 model years old and have less than 150,000 miles or vehicles that are within the five-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and have less than 125,000 miles
If you buy Mopar extended warranty coverage when you buy your vehicle, you can add the cost to your auto loan. Otherwise, you can pay up front or with an interest-free payment plan. To cancel a warranty, you must contact a dealer directly. If you sell your vehicle, you can transfer your coverage to the second owner for a $50 fee.
Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans
The table below lists the two main Mopar vehicle plans and what they cover. Other plans may be available depending on your dealership and your car’s model.
Each Mopar vehicle warranty comes with a few added perks:
- Car rental allowance (up to $35 per day for both plans and up to $175 total per occurrence for Added Care Plus)
- Trip interruption protection (up to $1,000)
- Roadside assistance and towing (up to $100 per occurrence)
With the Maximum Care plan, these perks expire when the vehicle reaches 100,000 miles. The Added Care Plus and Maximum Care plans have the additional perks of key fob repair or replacement (up to $600 total).
Supplemental Coverage Plans
Mopar also offers three supplemental coverage plans:
Mopar Extended Warranty Cost
Mopar doesn’t publish the cost of extended warranty coverage on its website. The best way to learn what Mopar vehicle plan coverage may cost you is to contact an authorized local dealer for a free quote. If you’re not sure where to find an authorized dealer, you can use Mopar’s dealership locator page.
What Affects Mopar Extended Warranty Costs?
When you look for quotes on Mopar extended warranty plans, keep in mind that a few factors will affect how much your coverage costs. These factors include your:
- Coverage level: In general, the more a warranty covers, the more expensive it will be.
- Term limits: Warranties with higher mileage or year limits tend to be more expensive.
- Deductible: If you choose a low or no deductible, your warranty price may be higher.
- Vehicle details: Costs will vary based on the make, model, model year, and mileage of your vehicle.
CARCHEX Protection Plans
When shopping around for extended warranty plans, consider adding CARCHEX coverage for your FCA vehicle. CARCHEX has over 20 years of experience providing affordable extended vehicle warranties that protect both your car and your peace of mind. CARCHEX plans can last between five and 10 years.
There are five levels of CARCHEX coverage to choose from:
- Titanium: Plans at this level contain bumper-to-bumper coverage with just a small list of excluded parts. Coverage is most similar to standard manufacturer warranties.
- Platinum: These plans cover the vehicle’s major systems. Contracts list hundreds of specific covered components.
- Gold: A good fit for vehicles with over 60,000 miles, the Gold level provides comprehensive coverage at more affordable prices.
- Silver: This level provides mechanical coverage for the vehicle’s major systems, including more than just the powertrain.
- Bronze: These plans cover the most important powertrain parts of the vehicle, including the engine and the transmission.
Benefits of Vehicle Coverage with CARCHEX
Here are a few things you can expect when you get coverage with CARCHEX:
Call to Get a Quick, Free Quote Today
When the factory warranty on your FCA or Chrysler vehicle runs out, call CARCHEX to get a free, custom quote for our vehicle protection plans. To talk to one of our representatives, give us a call at 866-261-3457.