Disclosure: This content was produced by an independent editorial party for the purposes of educating our customers, and is not influenced by the other business operations of CARCHEX.
Did you know a truck warranty could save you big money in the long run? Finding the right warranty plan can be both time consuming and confusing. CARCHEX can help you find an extended truck warranty that will keep your truck working its best for years to come. Whether you own a new or used vehicle, you can find an affordable plan that covers the most important (and expensive) truck components.
Why Do You Need a Truck Warranty?
A truck warranty or extended warranty is a vehicle service contract that covers repairs caused by mechanical breakdown. You can purchase a truck warranty once your manufacturer’s warranty expires.
Both factory warranties and extended warranties for trucks include two types of coverage:
- A basic limited warranty or bumper-to-bumper warranty includes coverage for most vehicle components, with the exception of wear and tear items, accidental damage, and modifications.
- Powertrain coverage usually lasts longer and covers repairs to the engine, transmission, and drive axle.
Below are the most popular truck models, as ranked by J.D. Power, and their factory warranty terms (model year 2020). It’s important to know when your factory warranty ends so you can continue your coverage immediately with an extended warranty.
Once your factory warranty has expired, you are vulnerable to hundreds and even thousands of dollars in unexpected repair costs, towing services, and more. An extended truck warranty is worth the additional price if you don’t have emergency cash saved for upfront costs.
Remember, while Ford warranties and Toyota warranties for trucks may be the same, these vehicles will have very different reliability. And, the terms for their extended vehicle warranties will differ greatly from company to company.
How do you find the best truck warranty for you?
What Should You Look For in a Truck Warranty?
The key to a good truck warranty is finding the right balance of quality and price. While the reason to buy any used vehicle extended warranty is to protect yourself from being on the hook for expensive auto repair costs, you definitely want to have a plan that you can afford.
A small monthly payment could save you from putting $3,000 into your truck if the transmission fails. In fact, according to RepairPal, a transmission replacement for a Ford F-150 truck can be upward of $6,000, which is much higher than the cost of most extended truck warranties.
Beyond price, consider these additional qualities:
- Customer Service—An important quality of any truck or used car warranty is which company you have working for you. Having a knowledgeable, honest, and friendly team can help you find the warranty that best fits your needs.
- Insurance Backing—Don’t settle for contracts backed by just anyone. A trustworthy company should offer plans backed by insurance companies or providers that can pay for your repairs.
- True Coverage—Some truck warranties are filled with exclusions and loopholes that can leave you paying for repairs. Look for a truck warranty provider that is upfront about all exclusions and offers coverage that can compete with the factory warranty.
- Eligibility—Does the extended warranty company offer plans for luxury-level trucks? Does your truck require a vehicle inspection? Is your truck too old for coverage? Look for truck warranties that fit your vehicle’s current condition.
- Additional Benefits—Get more value out of your contract by searching for added benefits, such as generous roadside assistance and trip interruption reimbursement.
In order to decide which extended truck warranty is right for you, be armed with the most important questions to ask as you shop. When you talk to warranty provider and get a quote, we recommend asking these questions to get the information you need.
You can find the right people to help you answer these questions at CARCHEX. Our protection specialists have earned an A+ customer service rating from the Better Business Bureau, and our slogan is “Customer Experience Above All.” Also, we’ve been endorsed by such financial agencies such as Kelley Blue Book, CARFAX, Edmunds, and DMV.org.
CARCHEX Protection Plans for Trucks
Whether your truck is still under its original warranty or it’s a few years older, the level of coverage you choose should be tailored to your vehicle, your lifestyle, and your future goals for owning your car.
CARCHEX plans span a wide range of coverage, from the most basic vehicle components to high-tech and drivability components (and everything in between). Choose from five tiers:
- Titanium—Get comprehensive coverage that covers all vehicle systems and lists only the exclusions.
- Platinum—Find bumper-to-bumper coverage that includes hundreds of components.
- Gold—Cover vehicles with over 60,000 miles and protect steering, braking, and other important systems.
- Silver—Get powertrain coverage paired with protection for electrical, air conditioning, and more.
- Bronze—Protect yourself from the most expensive repairs with affordable coverage for your engine, transmission, and drive axle.
The best truck warranty is one that covers common problems your specific model is likely to face. CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plans are available for new and used trucks with terms lasting five to 10 years. We protect pickup trucks and some heavy-duty trucks, including Ford F-250 models.
In addition to repair coverage, you’ll also receive generous 24/7 roadside assistance benefits, such as emergency fuel delivery and trip interruption coverage for breakdowns far from home.
The customer comes first and foremost, so we make the experience convenient for you.
- Easy online account access
- 24/7 free quote engine
- Your choice of mechanic from over 30,000 facilities, including national chains, independent shops, or truck dealers
- A money-back guarantee
- Low deductibles
- Simple claims process
CARCHEX uses its partnerships and suite of contract providers to find the most competitive prices. You don’t have to worry about receiving multiple calls from various providers. CARCHEX will give you multiple options to look over at once.
Get a CARCHEX Quote for an Extended Truck Warranty
Our used truck warranties truly stand out in the marketplace. Our warranty programs give you benefits you won’t find anywhere else, including:
- Easy payment plans with no down payment required
- User-friendly contracts that are easily understandable and visible
- Flexible time and mileage terms to fit your driving habits
- Key guard for car keys that are lost, damaged, or stolen
Shopping for an extended truck warranty with CARCHEX is simple and provides the peace of mind you need. To get a free quote that’s customized to your truck and budget, call 866-261-3457 or get an online quote.
J.D. Power: https://www.jdpower.com/cars/trucks/10-most-popular-trucks
Better Business Bureau: bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869