Buying a Dodge Ram extended warranty will keep your truck on the road longer and may save you hundreds — or possibly thousands — of dollars in the long run. Learn more about how an extended warranty can protect you and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Coverage for Your Dodge Ram
An extended warranty is a good choice if you own a vehicle that is known to need frequent repairs. The Dodge Ram series has mixed reviews when it comes to reliability, with the Ram 1500 getting the best grade.
Buying extended warranty coverage gives you the peace of mind that you’re protected should something unexpected happen on the road.
The chart below shows the five levels of coverage available from CARCHEX. We offer protection plans within each level to meet your needs.
When you protect your vehicle with CARCHEX, you receive a number of unique benefits and services, including:
- An easy payment plan with transparent pricing and no down payment required
- Customizable and comprehensive coverage options
- Terms and time frames that fit your driving habits
- Hybrid component coverage available for all plans
- Customer-friendly contracts that are easy to understand
- A Better Business Bureau customer satisfaction rating of 99.9%
- No-Haggle, Low Price, Everyday GuaranteeTM and a 30-day money back guarantee
Costs of Repairing a Dodge Ram
Repairs for Dodge Rams can be expensive to pay out-of-pocket. Here are some common repairs performed on Dodge Ram trucks:
- Head gasket replacement—$810–$2,022
- Fuel pump replacement—$332–$821
- Lower ball joint replacement—$187–$2,147
If you want to know that you’ll be protected from high repair costs should something happen on the road, make sure that you choose an extended warranty so you can avoid pricey lump-sum expenses like those listed above and extend the life of your Ram.
Is Your Dodge Factory Coverage Enough?
Typical factory warranties cover you for only a few years.
- For example, most Dodge models have a 5-year / 60,000 mile limited powertrain warranty and a 3-year / 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper (or basic) warranty.
- Powertrain: The powertrain warranty covers the cost of labor and parts for repairs to the major systems that make the car run. Those systems include items such as the engine, driveshaft, and transmission.
- Bumper-to-bumper: A good way to think about a typical bumper-to-bumper warranty is that it covers the majority of the components in between your front and back bumper. Those include such this as the air conditioning, suspension, oil systems, and other electrical systems.
If you drive a Dodge vehicle, chances are you want to get more than a few years out of your investment. What will you do after your coverage has expired? What if you want to buy a used Dodge Ram that’s no longer under factory warranty? Did you know that Dodge Ram owners give its reliability shaky reviews?
Because factory coverage quickly expires and manufacturer warranties often contain loopholes that void coverage, extended warranties are a good idea if you want to get the most life out of your Dodge Ram.
What Should I Look for in an Extended Warranty?
Know what to look for when you’re searching for the best and most affordable extended coverage for your Dodge truck. The best warranties will offer:
- Accreditation from an organization like the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and endorsement from industry leaders
- Competitive, transparent prices and money back guarantees
- Flexible repairs at the garage of your choice
- Terms that can be customized to your needs, budget, and driving habits
Benefits of CARCHEX Extended Warranties
With a Dodge Ram extended warranty from CARCHEX, you get:
- Affordable, flexible payment options—we offer low monthly payment plans so you can avoid those $2,500 out-of-pocket repairs that aren’t so budget friendly.
- Your choice of repair shop—we partner with over 30,000 repair facilities so that you won’t have to switch from your favorite neighborhood garage.
- Extended warranty extras—get free roadside assistance as well as rental car, towing, and trip interruption benefits.
- Claims paid directly to the repair facility—we make it easy so you don’t have to wait for reimbursement.
Get Your Dodge Ram Extended Warranty Quote Now
Getting an extended warranty quote from CARCHEX is fast, free, and easy, just call us at 866-261-3457.
Cheat Sheet: http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/least-reliable-car-truck-brands.html/?a=viewall
Consumer Affairs: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/dodge_ram.html