While your manufacturer’s warranty has helped keep your Dodge Ram on the road, there comes a time when the warranty will expire. Then what? Buying a Dodge Ram extended warranty will keep your truck running longer and may save you hundreds—or possibly thousands—of dollars over time.
Learn more about your Dodge Ram basic coverage and how an extended warranty from CARCHEX can protect your vehicle down the road.
Extended Coverage for Your Dodge Ram
Chrysler dealerships nationwide offer extended warranty coverage for your Dodge Ram. An extended warranty is a good choice if you own a vehicle that is known to need frequent repairs and if you plan to keep your vehicle long past the basic warranty expires. The Dodge Ram series has mixed reviews when it comes to reliability, with the 2019 Ram 1500 scoring a high grade.
Buying extended warranty coverage through a third-party company like CARCHEX gives you peace of mind that you’re protected should something unexpected happen to your vehicle. When you buy an extended warranty through a CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plan, you receive a number of benefits and services along with the warranty itself. CARCHEX aims to go above and beyond the service offered through other third-party providers and manufacturer extended warranties.
The chart below shows the five levels of extended coverage that are available from CARCHEX. We offer protection plans within each level to meet your needs.
Benefits of a Third-Party Extended Warranty
You may wonder why you should consider an extended warranty from a third-party provider instead of Dodge’s extended factory warranty. Either way you’ll get extended service, right? Consider these reasons:
- Greater flexibility for servicing your vehicle: With a third-party extended warranty, you won’t have to take your Dodge Ram to a dealership for repairs or maintenance, if you have a different mechanic you’d rather use. CARCHEX works with more than 30,000 repair facilities in the U.S. Chances are, some of them are in your neighborhood.
- You won’t pay interest on your warranty: If you’re still paying off your Dodge Ram, you’re paying interest on your warranty, too. Car dealers add the warranty in with the cost of your car, so if you took out an auto loan, you’re paying more for your warranty than you think. By choosing a third-party extended warranty, the cost you’re billed is truly the cost you pay.
- You can transfer your policy: If you sell your car, you can transfer your third-party warranty to the new owner, too.
Costs of Repairing a Dodge Ram
Whether you were anticipating a fix or your vehicle surprised you with an untimely repair, it doesn’t matter. Repairs for Dodge Rams can be expensive to pay out of pocket. If you’re used to being covered by your Dodge Ram factory warranty, it can be easy to lose touch with the costs associated with repairing your truck.
Here are some common repairs performed on Dodge Ram trucks:
- Head gasket replacement—$810–$2,022
- Fuel pump replacement—$332–$821
- Lower ball joint replacement—$187–$2,147
- Spark plug replacement—$102-$137
- Water pump replacement—$316–$498
While some of these common repairs might appear to be affordable, they can add up quickly. If you want to ensure that you’ll be protected from high repair costs, make sure to purchase an extended warranty. That way, you can avoid pricey lump-sum expenses like those listed above and extend the life of your Ram.
Is Your Dodge Factory Coverage Enough?
Typical factory warranties cover you for only a few years. They can be broken down into two components: the basic, bumper-to-bumper warranty and the powertrain warranty.
Most Dodge models have a 5-year / 60,000-mile limited powertrain warranty and a 3-year / 36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper (or basic) warranty. Each warranty covers different aspects of your Dodge Ram.
- Powertrain Warranty: The powertrain warranty covers the cost of labor and parts for repairs to the major systems that make the car run. Those systems include components such as the engine, driveshaft, and transmission. The Dodge Ram powertrain warranty outlasts the basic, bumper-to-bumper warranty, protecting your car’s powerhouse a little longer than some of its other parts.
- Bumper-to-bumper Warranty: A good way to think about a typical bumper-to-bumper warranty is that it covers the majority of the components in between your front and rear bumper. Items covered typically include the air conditioning systems, suspension, oil systems, and other electrical systems.
Dodge also offers its own extended warranties to cover your vehicle once its basic limited powertrain warranties expire. If you’re looking to add additional coverage, Dodge offers three plans under its extended warranty umbrella: Powertrain Care Plus, Added Care Plus, and Maximum Care.
- Powertrain Care Plus: Dodge’s Powertrain Care Plus plan protects your vehicle’s engine, transmission, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, four/all-wheel drive, steering, and air conditioning systems. It also comes with some extras, like car rentals, towing, roadside assistance, trip interruption, and a transfer policy.
- Added Care Plus: Dodge’s Added Care Plus plan covers more than 850 components in your vehicle. Many of these parts are in your vehicle’s engine, transmission, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, four/all-wheel drive, steering, and air conditioning systems, but the plan also covers your brakes, electrical system, and engine cooling.
- Maximum Care: Dodge’s Maximum Care plan covers all electrical systems, all engine components, shocks, torsion bars, engine mounts, and all seat, hood, deck lid, liftgate, door, and window mechanisms.
What Dodge Ram Extended Warranty Plan Don’t Cover
What’s not covered by the Dodge Ram extended factory warranty?
- Maintenance services and items used for maintenance services
- Catalytic converter and particulate filter
- Plastic lenses
- Light bulbs
- Body and paint items
- Trailer hitches
- Wear and tear items, including tires, manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, belts, and windshield wipers
If you drive a Dodge vehicle, chances are you want to get more than a few years out of your investment. What will you do after your coverage has expired? What if you want to buy a used Dodge Ram that’s no longer under the factory warranty? Did you know that Dodge Ram owners give its reliability shaky reviews?
Because factory coverage quickly expires and manufacturer warranties often contain loopholes that void coverage, extended warranties are a good idea if you want to get the most life out of your Dodge Ram.
What Should I Look For in an Extended Warranty?
Trying to decide on which extended warranty to purchase can be daunting. Know what to look for when you’re searching for the best and most affordable extended coverage for your Dodge truck before you buy. The best warranties will offer the following:
- Accreditation from an organization like the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and endorsement from industry leaders
- Competitive, transparent prices and money back guarantees
- Flexible repairs at the garage of your choice
- Terms that can be customized to your needs, budget, and driving habits
- Transfer policies, so you can increase your car’s resale value
Benefits of CARCHEX Extended Warranty Coverage
There are other options outside of the extended warranties offered by car dealers, like Dodge. Many third-party car warranty companies offer plans that grant you more flexibility and power. CARCHEX is a third-party extended warranty supplier that has served drivers like you for more than 18 years. When you purchase a Dodge Ram extended warranty through a CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plan, you get:
- Your choice of repair shop—We partner with over 30,000 repair facilities so that you won’t have to switch from your favorite neighborhood garage.
- Claims paid directly to the repair facility—That way, you’re not the middleman and don’t have to wait for the reimbursement.
- An easy payment plan with transparent pricing and no down payment required—With CARCHEX, you won’t have any surprises when your bill comes.
- Customizable and comprehensive coverage options—Want more coverage? We can provide it. If you just want the basics, we have that, too.
- Hybrid component coverage available for all plans—Don’t worry about your hybrid battery with your CARCHEX extended warranty.
- Customer-friendly contracts that are easy to understand—We’re not here to confuse you. We want you to understand what you’re getting with your protection plan.
- A Better Business Bureau customer satisfaction rating of 99.9%—We truly value your happiness, and our ratings show that.
- No-Haggle, Low Price, Everyday Guarantee™—We offer affordable prices every day and have flexible payment plans.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee—Not happy with your protection plan? We’ll give you your money back.
- Impressive endorsements—CARCHEX holds many endorsements from key industry groups, including MotorWeek’s Pat Goss, Edmunds, Assurant, RepairPal, and CARFAX.
- Extended warranty extras—Get free roadside assistance as well as rental car, towing, gas delivery, and trip interruption benefits.
Get Your Dodge Ram Extended Warranty Quote Now
If you’re interested in buying a Dodge Ram extended warranty to further protect your vehicle, check out the CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plans that are currently available. Getting an extended warranty quote from CARCHEX is fast, free, and easy. Just call us at 866-261-3457.
Consumer Affairs: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/dodge_ram.html
U.S. News & World Report: https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/ram/1500
Auto Consumer Info: http://autoconsumerinfo.com/factory-warranty-coverage/
Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869