Disclosure: This content was produced by an independent editorial party for the purposes of educating our customers, and is not influenced by the other business operations of CARCHEX.
While your manufacturer’s warranty has helped to keep your Ram on the road, there will come a time when the warranty expires. Then what? Buying a Ram extended warranty will keep your truck running longer and may save you hundreds—or possibly thousands—of dollars over time.
Learn more Ram extended warranty coverage and find out how a plan from CARCHEX can protect your vehicle down the road. To get a quote for your Ram, fill out our online form or call 866-261-3457.
Extended Coverage for Your Ram
Chrysler dealerships nationwide offer Ram extended warranty coverage. An extended warranty is a good choice if you own a vehicle that is known to need frequent repairs and if you plan to keep your vehicle long past when the basic warranty expires. The Ram series has mixed reviews when it comes to reliability, but the 2021 Ram 1500 scored a high grade.
Buying Ram extended warranty coverage through a third-party company like CARCHEX gives you peace of mind that you’re protected should something unexpected happen to your vehicle. When you buy a CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plan, you receive a number of benefits and services along with the warranty itself. CARCHEX aims to go above and beyond the service offered through other third-party providers and manufacturer extended warranties.
The chart below shows the five levels of Ram extended warranty coverage available from CARCHEX. We offer protection plans within each level to customize your coverage and meet your needs. You can cover your vehicle for up to 10 years.
Benefits of a Third-Party Extended Warranty
You may wonder why you should consider a Ram extended warranty from a third-party provider instead of from Ram itself. Either way, you’ll get extended service, right? Consider these reasons:
- Greater flexibility for servicing your vehicle: With a third-party extended warranty, you won’t have to take your Ram to a dealership for repairs or maintenance if you have a different mechanic you’d rather use. CARCHEX works with more than 30,000 repair facilities across the United States. Chances are, some of them are in your neighborhood.
- You won’t pay interest on your warranty: If you’re still paying off your truck, you might pay interest on your Ram extended warranty, too. Car dealers sometimes add the warranty in with the cost of your car, so if you took out an auto loan, you’re paying more money for your warranty than you think. By choosing a third-party extended warranty, the cost you’re billed is truly the cost you’ll pay.
- You can transfer your policy: If you sell your car, you can transfer your third-party Ram extended warranty to a new owner. This makes your vehicle more appealing to potential buyers.
Costs of Repairing a Ram
It doesn’t matter whether you were anticipating a repair or if your vehicle surprised you. Either way, repairs for Ram trucks can be expensive to pay for out of pocket. If you’re used to being covered by your Ram factory warranty, it can be easy to lose touch with the costs associated with repairing your truck.
Here are some common repairs performed on Ram trucks, according to RepairPal:
While some of these common repairs might appear to be affordable, they add up quickly. If you want to ensure that you’ll be protected from high repair costs, make sure to purchase a Ram extended warranty. That way, you can avoid pricey lump-sum expenses like those listed above and extend the life of your Ram.
Is Your Ram Factory Coverage Enough?
Typical factory warranties cover you for only a few years. They can be broken down into two components: the bumper-to-bumper warranty and the powertrain warranty.
Most Ram models have a five-year or 60,000-mile limited powertrain warranty and a three-year or 36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. Each warranty covers different aspects of your Ram.
- Powertrain Warranty: The powertrain warranty covers the cost of labor and parts for repairs to the major systems that make the car run. Those systems include components such as the engine, drive shaft, and transmission. The Ram powertrain warranty outlasts the basic, bumper-to-bumper warranty, protecting your car’s powerhouse a little longer than some of its other parts.
- Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty: A good way to think about a typical bumper-to-bumper warranty is that it covers the majority of the components in between your front and rear bumper. Items typically covered include air conditioning systems, suspension, oil systems, and other electrical systems.
Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans
Mopar, Ram’s parts and service provider, offers its own Ram extended warranty to cover your vehicle once its factory warranty expires. If you’re looking to add coverage, Mopar offers six main vehicle protection plans under its extended warranty umbrella, two for new cars and four for used cars.
What Ram Extended Warranty Plans Don’t Cover
No extended warranty covers everything. See what’s excludee from Ram extended warranty plans. Exclusions vary depending on what coverage you purchase.
If you drive a Ram vehicle, chances are, you want to get more than a few years out of your investment. What will you do after your coverage has expired? What if you want to buy a used Ram that’s no longer under the factory warranty? Did you know that Ram owners give its reliability shaky reviews?
Because factory coverage quickly expires and manufacturer warranties often contain loopholes that void coverage, extended warranties are a good idea if you want to get the most life out of your Ram.
What Should I Look For in a Ram Extended Warranty?
Trying to decide which extended warranty to purchase can be a daunting task, so know what you’re looking for with Ram coverage. The best Ram extended warranty options will offer the following:
- Accreditation from an organization like the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Endorsements from industry leaders
- Competitive, transparent prices and money-back guarantees
- Flexible repairs at the garage of your choice
- Terms that can be customized to your needs, budget, and driving habits
- Transferable policies, so you can increase your car’s resale value
Benefits of CARCHEX Extended Warranty Coverage
There are other options outside of the extended warranties offered by car dealers like Ram. Many third-party car warranty companies offer plans that grant you more flexibility and power. CARCHEX is a third-party extended warranty supplier that has served drivers for more than 20 years. When you purchase Ram extended warranty coverage through a CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plan, you get:
- Your choice of repair shop—We partner with over 30,000 repair facilities so you won’t have to switch from your favorite neighborhood garage.
- Claims paid directly to the repair facility—That way, you’re not the middleman and don’t have to wait for the reimbursement.
- An easy payment plan with transparent pricing and no down payment required—With CARCHEX, you won’t have any surprises when your bill comes.
- Customizable and comprehensive coverage options—Want more coverage? We can provide it. If you just want the basics, we have that, too.
- Customer-friendly contracts that are easy to understand—We’re not here to confuse you. We want you to understand what you’re getting with your protection plan.
- A Better Business Bureau customer satisfaction rating of 99.9%—We truly value your happiness, and our ratings show that.
- No-Haggle, Low-Price, Everyday Guarantee™—We offer affordable prices every day and have flexible payment plans.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee—Not happy with your Ram protection plan? We’ll give you your money back.*
- Impressive endorsements—CARCHEX holds many endorsements from key industry groups, including MotorWeek’s Pat Goss, Edmunds, Assurant, RepairPal, and CARFAX.
- Extended warranty extras—Get free roadside assistance as well as rental car, towing, gas delivery, and trip interruption benefits.
Get Your Ram Extended Warranty Quote Now
If you’re interested in buying a Ram extended warranty to further protect your vehicle, check out the CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plans that are currently available. Getting a Ram extended warranty quote from CARCHEX is fast, free, and easy. Just call us at 866-261-3457.
Consumer Affairs: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/dodge_ram.html
U.S. News & World Report: https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/ram/1500
Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869
*Refund methods vary by state. See extended service plan for complete details, including refunds, exclusions and limitations.