Disclosure: This content was produced by an independent editorial party for the purposes of educating our customers, and is not influenced by the other business operations of CARCHEX.
When your manufacturer’s warranty expires, a Dodge extended warranty can save you money on costly repairs and routine maintenance. By adding coverage on top of what the manufacturer provides, you can protect your new or pre-owned Dodge against common issues before they become a hassle. Learn how to get the most affordable and high-quality coverage for your Dodge.
Why a Dodge Extended Warranty Is Important
Dodge cars and trucks are powerful vehicles, but no car is perfect. In fact, there are several common problems associated with the Dodge Ram 1500:
A Dodge extended warranty can pay for these repairs when they arise, keeping your vehicle safe and ready to go. Save yourself from paying out-of-pocket expenses while protecting your means of transportation.
What Does a Dodge Factory Warranty Cover?
A new Dodge is backed by a three-year or 36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty and a five-year or 60,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty. It’s important to remember that factory warranties, including the Dodge manufacturer’s warranty, only cover parts that were defective when leaving the factory. The normal breakdown of parts over time is not covered under the factory warranty. This limitation means your Dodge vehicle is unprotected from breakdowns that happen due to normal driving activities.
Basic Limited Warranty
A three-year Basic Limited Warranty is sometimes called a bumper-to-bumper warranty. Unfortunately, basic warranties only last for three years—long before your car will likely need any of the most expensive repairs. While it will offer comprehensive coverage, most drivers won’t use their limited warranty before it expires. Many drivers never have a need for major repairs in the first few years of owning their Dodge vehicles.
Powertrain Limited Warranty
Powertrain warranties last significantly longer than their bumper-to-bumper counterparts but cover significantly less. Powertrain warranty coverage is limited to the following parts:
- Transfer case
- Drive shafts
When these warranties expire, a Dodge extended warranty can add up to 10 years more of coverage for important components within your vehicle. This means you’ll still get the same great coverage and more when you purchase a used Dodge.
Dodge Extended Warranty Options
When your factory warranty ends, your Dodge is no longer protected against breakdowns. Similar to Fiat, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, and Alfa Romeo, Dodge offers extended vehicle service contracts for both new and certified pre-owned Dodge vehicles through its service and maintenance division, Mopar. A manufacturer’s extended warranty is offered by the dealership when purchasing a Dodge directly from it.
There are three Dodge extended warranty options for new or certified pre-owned Dodges.
You can only purchase a Dodge extended warranty within four years or 48,000 miles of your factory warranty. You can expect to pay extra fees if you wait more than a year into your factory warranty to purchase a Dodge extended warranty from the dealership.
An extended warranty from Dodge can be purchased in multiple plan options with up to eight years of coverage for your vehicle. However, certain extended warranties apply this eight-year period to the original purchase date of the vehicle. So, if you’ve purchased a new Dodge and wait two years to add an extended warranty from your dealership for eight years, you’ll only have extended coverage for six years.
This limitation can greatly shorten the amount of time your Dodge is protected, without a significant reduction in cost. Due to the high cost of a dealership-branded extended warranty, options from third-party warranty companies like CARCHEX may offer the right protection at a more affordable price.
Best Protection for Your Dodge
The best Dodge extended warranty for your vehicle will likely be found through a third-party company like CARCHEX. We provide the protection you want for your Dodge without the restrictions or cost of a manufacturer’s extended warranty. For example:
- Keep Your Mechanic: With a CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plan, you don’t have to go to the Dodge dealership for repairs, unless that’s what you’d prefer. Choose your favorite mechanic from over 30,000 repair partners across the country.
- Affordable: We have plenty of coverage and plan options, so you can find a Dodge extended warranty that fits your budget.
- Buy Whenever: Unlike at the dealership, you can purchase a plan from CARCHEX at any stage of your vehicle’s life. We have multiple service contract options for older vehicles and ones with higher mileage.
CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plans
CARCHEX offers five levels of Dodge extended warranty coverage, outlined in the chart below, and protection plans within each level of coverage to meet your specific needs.
- Titanium Coverage—The highest level of extended protection plan offers bumper-to-bumper extended warranty coverage for your Dodge and has options for up to 10 years of coverage.
- Platinum Coverage—This includes stated component coverage for your Dodge with hundreds of covered parts and vehicle systems.
- Gold Coverage—Great for vehicles over 60,000 miles, Gold coverage plans provide flexible service contract options with up to 10 years of protection.
- Silver Coverage—Silver vehicle protection plans are ideal for older or high-mileage vehicles and cover the major systems of your vehicle.
- Bronze Coverage—This coverage level provides protection for the most expensive car repairs for up to six years.
A personalized CARCHEX extended warranty can cover:
- Oil and water pumps
- Drive systems for AWD, FWD, and RWD
- Electrical systems
- Roadside assistance
- Emergency towing
- Trip interruption benefits
- Emergency fuel delivery
- And much more
Find the Right Extended Warranty with CARCHEX
When you shop for a Dodge extended warranty with CARCHEX, you get the best deals upfront with our No-Haggle, Low-Price, Everyday Guarantee™.
- We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality service to our customers through innovation and integrity with each transaction.
- Don’t just take our word for it—our extended warranty programs earned 5-star ratings and excellent reviews from Trustpilot and Thoroughly Reviewed, as well as an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- If you’re planning to sell your car, your protection plan is transferable, which can increase the value of your vehicle.
- We offer customized car service contract quotes tailored to your vehicle’s needs.
- Our 30-Day Money Back Guarantee means you can cancel your service contract for a full refund.
- We also offer special benefits with our CARCHEX Care Plan, including 24/7 roadside assistance, fuel delivery, rental car reimbursement, and trip interruption service.
Get a free quote from CARCHEX on a Dodge extended warranty that’s customized to your vehicle, driving habits, and more by calling 866-261-3457 today.
Thoroughly Reviewed: https://thoroughlyreviewed.com/car-warranty/carchex-reviews/
Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869