Disclosure: This content was produced by an independent editorial party for the purposes of educating our customers, and is not influenced by the other business operations of CARCHEX.
Extended warranties for Infiniti vehicles are offered through a variety of companies and dealers, but knowing the best Infiniti extended warranty prices will help you make the right decision for you. The average monthly cost of an Extended Vehicle Protection Plan for a 2007-2014 Infiniti is just $89 at CARCHEX.* Compare Infiniti’s dealership extended warranty with the affordable, flexible options from CARCHEX.
Determining the Cost of an Infiniti Extended Warranty
The price of an Infiniti extended warranty will depend on a variety of factors, such as:
- Vehicle mileage
- Year, make, and model of the vehicle
- Level of coverage selected
- Number of high-tech components in the vehicle
- Your driving habits
- The provider
While the Infiniti dealership doesn’t give a price estimate for its extended warranty, most dealership plans cost $1,000 to $1,500. This can be an expensive addition to your car’s monthly payment and restrict where you can take your car to be repaired. Another option is to purchase a third-party extended warranty from CARCHEX. The price of an Infiniti extended warranty from CARCHEX will depend on the amount of coverage and the length of time you need it for, but we offer more flexibility in terms of coverage and cost.
Benefits of Extended Protection from CARCHEX
CARCHEX offers flexible extended warranties at an affordable price. An Extended Vehicle Protection Plan with CARCHEX offers the following benefits.
- Affordable payment plans that comfortably fit into any budget, including $0 deductibles
- Consultative customer service to help you create a plan that fits your specific needs
- Your choice of repair facility, so you can use the mechanic you trust most
- Claims paid to the repair facility, so you don’t have to wait for reimbursement
- A 30-Day, Money-Back Guarantee, to ensure you’re completely pleased with your extended warranty
- Accreditation with the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating
- Transferable vehicle service contracts, in case you decide to sell
- Over 20 years of industry experience
- Endorsements and partnerships with CARFAX, RepairPal, SiriusXM, Vehicle Protection Association, and other industry leaders
- Coverage for almost all types of vehicles, including new Infinitis and certified pre-owned Infinitis
- Roadside assistance and other emergency benefits
CARCHEX Extended Warranty Plan Options
Like most vehicles, Infiniti cars are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty for a limited time. When that coverage expires, you’re left on the hook for expensive trips to the repair shop.
CARCHEX offers several flexible and customizable plans, so you can keep that money in your pocket. Those plans include:
- Titanium Coverage—This is the highest level of protection for your Infiniti and covers bumper-to-bumper repairs. The longest term available is 10 years.
- Platinum Coverage—This is the highest level of component coverage available from CARCHEX, meaning that the contracts specify what is covered rather than what is excluded. It provides protection for up to 10 years.
- Gold Coverage—This warranty covers all major vehicle systems and is ideal for an Infiniti that has more than 60,000 miles. Under this plan, you have coverage of the braking and steering components, fuel delivery system, electrical system, A/C components, engine, and transmission for up to 10 years.
- Silver Coverage—This is for car owners who want just a little bit more coverage than a basic powertrain warranty. Your fuel delivery components, electrical components, air conditioning components, engine, transmission, and drive axle are all covered under this plan for up to seven years.
- Bronze Coverage—This plan is perfect for an Infiniti owner looking for a little bit of coverage and protection for basic components like the engine or transmission. This plan is available for up to six years.
In addition to our flexible protection plans, we’ve created an online warranty marketplace to help you shop around and compare companies. Compare our different coverage levels below:
Is an Infiniti Extended Warranty Worth It?
In order to determine if Infiniti extended warranty costs are worth it, we looked at the reliability and repair costs of Infiniti cars to see how often Infinitis need repairs and how much car owners have to pay for those repairs. It is also important to consider the types of extended warranties available to Infiniti owners, including dealership plans and plans through third-party companies like CARCHEX. If your Infiniti is used, check out our list of the best extended warranty companies for used cars here. To see how to choose the best extended warranty for your used Infiniti, click here.
Infiniti Repair Costs
Infiniti cars experience a wide range of issues, and because Infiniti is a luxury brand, repair costs are higher than average. The table below gives you an idea of the common issues and the cost to repair them without a warranty to cover them. Costs are pulled from RepairPal data.
RepairPal gave Infiniti a reliability rating of 3.5 out of 5, ranking it 16 out of 32 car brands. This plays into repair costs because one of the dimensions used to score Infiniti was how many times per year an Infiniti car owner had to visit a repair shop. Infiniti’s score for this dimension is 0.7 times compared to the average of 0.4 across all brands, making it more likely that repairs will arise.
Infiniti Extended Warranty Plan Options
The manufacturer offers extended vehicle service contracts through its Infiniti Elite Protection Program®. There extended warranties are called Infiniti Elite Extended Protection Plans and feature:
- Up to 8 years/120,000 miles of bumper-to-bumper coverage
- Coverage of more than 1,655 parts in the following systems: engine, lubrication and cooling, fuel system, transmission, audio/video/navigation, brakes, electrical, suspension, steering, and belts and hoses
- Roadside assistance, towing, trip interruption, reunite, service, and car rental benefits
- Two deductible options
In addition to the extended warranty plan, there are three other programs that offer lower levels of protection:
- Prepaid Maintenance Agreements
- 4 level options: Premium, Standard, Basic+Plus, Basic
- Engine oil/filter replacements
- Tire rotations
- Tire road hazard protection
- Ultimate Platinum Protection
- Tire and wheel road hazard protection with curb and cosmetic protection
- Key replacements
- Paintless dent repairs
- Windshield repairs
- Roadside assistance
- Platinum Protection
- Tire and wheel road hazard protection
- Paintless dent repairs
- Windshield repairs
- Roadside assistance
Because of the likelihood of issues arising and the cost of repairing those issues, we recommend purchasing an extended warranty for your Infiniti once your factory warranty is about to expire. While the Infiniti dealership offers an extended warranty plan, it’s less customizable than a plan with us.
Our motto at CARCHEX is “Customer Experience Above All.” We work with you to make sure our protection plans are affordable and tailored to your needs, budget, and driving habits.
We also offer a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you’re not satisfied with your warranty, you won’t have to worry about losing any money.**
Better Business Bureau: bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869
*Figure accurate as of May 2017. Average monthly coverage cost is based on the average total price of the Vehicle Protection Plan over a four year coverage period. Actual monthly payments will vary per plan’s payment policy. Individual pricing is subject to change based on the combination of make, model, year, and mileage as well as coverage level and term length.
**Refund methods vary by state. See extended service plan for complete details, including refunds, exclusions and limitations.