There are many extended vehicle protection plan providers out there. On paper, the plans might look similar, so how do you choose? One of the best ways is to look at the business that is providing the used car warranty. Let’s go over the most important questions to ask.
How Long Have You Been In Business?
When it comes to car service protection, experience counts. Look for a company with at least 7-10 years of experience. A new company might not know how to handle claims quickly, and this can delay payment. Experienced providers have already learned over the years the best way to serve you. Good businesses stay in business longer. CARCHEX has been in business for 14 years. Get a free online warranty quote now.
How Many Customer Complaints Do You Get Per Year?
This might be a tough question to answer for some companies, but the better ones know the answer. Why? Because they focus on satisfying their clients, and complaints matter to them. No company has a 0% complaint rate, but fewer than 100 over the last 36 months is good, and less than 50 is excellent.
Where Can I Take My Vehicle If It Needs Repairs?
Good providers allow you to choose from a variety of locations for repairs. The best providers give you the choice of any licensed repair center. This gives you the freedom to choose between dealerships, local repair centers, and national chains.
How Are Claims Paid?
Some auto warranty providers have a long, drawn out process for claim payment. For example, they might make you wait until they cut a check. Top quality extended warranty providers make payments quickly and directly to the repair shop. The mechanic contacts the protection plan directly and gets paid by credit card.
Are You Rated And Accredited By The BBB?
The most responsible businesses know that accountability and transparency matter to the customer. That’s why they go to the BBB to get rated, and the better companies strive to maintain an A+ rating at all times. See CARCHEX A+ BBB rating.
According to the BBB website, accredited businesses agree to:
- Build Trust – Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
- Advertise Honestly – Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
- Tell The Truth – Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material items.
- Be Transparent – Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.
- Honor Promises – Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
- Be Responsive – Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith.
- Safeguard Privacy – Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their information.
- Embody Integrity – Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitment with integrity.
Ask The Tough Questions
Before you hand any money over, make sure you get answers to these questions. An extended vehicle protection plan gives you peace of mind – and even more when the provider has an excellent track record. See how CARCHEX stacks up against the competition.
Get a vehicle warranty quote from BBB A+ Rated CARCHEX today. Or call us Toll Free with any question at 1-877-CARCHEX (1-877-227-2439)
Published in Auto Warranty Articles by CARCHEX on November 12, 2014